Search for content in message boards

Lone Butte Miller family

Lone Butte Miller family

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 3:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Nov 2012 3:27PM GMT
Am seeking information on a family named Miller, that lived in the Lone Butte/Bridge Lake region in the 1930's and 1940's. It was a large family, and notable in that Mrs. Miller had a wooden leg.

The Old Man was Jack Miller. Every single one of their children was called by something other than their birth name. And the only thing Jack Miller knew, apparently, was horses.

It's Jack Miller's family I'm trying to find.Jack was really John. I've seen his name spelled John More Miller, and John Moore Miller. The information on his death certificate has been a dead end, it wasn't filled out by a family member and has proven inaccurate.I know that he was in Illinois for the 1900 US Census, and is listed as John Moore Miller....his wife was Rinta Inez Appleman, it was thru her that I found him in the US, and Illinois is where her family is from.

I know the family was in OK in 1917, where a son was born.... I know the famiy was in ID in 1923, a son was born there.... but Jack Miller eludes me. He worked with horses, and I believe he was logging while he lived in BC, horses being how they got the logs out of the bush. His ability with a horse whip is family legend.

If anyone has a recollection or family tidbit that might point me into the right direction where Old Man Miller is concerned, it'd be appreciated.

MICH
Jack's great granddaughter

Re: Lone Butte Miller family

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 7:45PM GMT
HI, Do you know the names of the chilren /perhaps from Obituqries of parents - Census etc

Did John /Jack / MILLER pass away in BC?
Who was the informant.

Rinta Inez Miller Age:65 Event:Death
PlaceFawn
Date:1946 6 11 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1946-09-009446
Microfilm #:B13191 (GSU # 2032423
http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/images/getimag...

Floyd Lee Miller Place
Fawn Reg. Number:
1943-09-629029 Copy Available
Date:
1943 8 7 (Yr/Mo/Day) Age:
25 Event:
Death Microfilm #:
B13180 (GSU # 1953640)

Perhaps a son.
Floyd Lee Miller Age:25 Event:Death
Place Fawn
Date:1943 8 7 (Yr/Mo/Day)
Reg. Number:1943-09-629029
Microfilm #:B13180 (GSU # 1953640)

Re: Lone Butte Miller family

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 12:03AM GMT
Edited: 11 Nov 2012 12:04AM GMT
I have all of that.

Jack's (John's) death certificate is inaccurate. I don't know his parents names. I have the kids' names, I'm in touch with a Miller cousin. He died in Provincial care, and no family member filled out the death cert, it was filled out by a trustee. I can find him in 1900 in Illinois, and sweet jack before that.

I have Rinta's side back into the 1600's, it's Jack's I can't find.

Floyd Lee was called by one and all , Little Joe.... he was my grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions