Search for content in message boards

Budden, Woolfrey, Knight and Minty

Budden, Woolfrey, Knight and Minty

Posted: 8 Jan 2009 10:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Budden, Knight, Woolfrey, Minty
I am searching my family tree - Budden, Ezekiel from Seldom-Come By, Julia Knight from Jackson's Arm
Joseph Minty from Twillingate and Amelia Woolfrey Minty from Lewisporte. My great great grandfather was Robert Woolfrey from Moreton's Harbor 1820 - 1877 married Elizabeth Small 1811 - 1876. I believe Robert Woolfrey's family and the Budden family came from Poole in England in the beginning when they emigrated to Newfoundland, Canada.

Re: Budden, Woolfrey, Knight and Minty

Posted: 8 Jan 2009 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Budden
Good morning

I may be able to help a bit in the area of the Budden family. My wife's father was born in Little
Seldom.

Posted: 15 Jan 2009 3:30AM GMT
Hi, drop me a line at notredamebay AT gmail.com - I have some information to share on these families.

Amalie

Posted: 15 Jan 2009 5:45PM GMT
Hi, thanks for the reply, I will try and reach u but if I dont succeed my email is ruthjb54@hotmail.com. I would appreciate any info u may have.

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 12:33PM GMT
I can help out with your MINTY search...Elizabeth Jane MINTY m Thomas HICKS...my 3rd gr grandparents...have Joseph married to Amelia - I am their 1st cousin 3 times removed. Please e mail me at hfboz2001 at yahoo.com if you want
HAPPY HUNTING!!!

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 1:43PM GMT
I read you're related to Joseph & Amelia Minty, who were my grandparents. Wondering who you are. Iris

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 3:59PM GMT
I'm also researching the Budden's of Seldom-Come By. My Bubdden's came from Sixpenny Handley in Dorset. Have not found any that came from Poole though. Contact me if you want to exchange information.

Win

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 9:44PM GMT
Surnames: Budden and Boone
Hi Ruth

I am researching the Budden family as well and I have some information if you are intersested.

Also I am hoping you may be able to help me as well.

My gg-grandmother was a Elizabeth ???? from Cupids Newfoundland and she married a Joseph Budden from Carbonear. This was her second marriage which took place in 1872 in Seldom Come By. Elizabeth and Joseph had a son Ezekiel, baptised 1874 and he married a Julia Knight. Ezekiel and Julia had a son Lupert born 1904.

I wondering if you, or any of your contacts may know Elizabeth's maiden name. Elizabeth's first marriage was to my gg-grandfather,Nathaniel Boone from Bareneed Newfoundland.

My email address is janeswbat1@rogers.com

Brian Janes

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 3:03PM GMT
Hello to Ruth & Brian.

I too am researching the Budden's of Seldom/Fogo. One of my ggggrandfather's sons was a Stephen Budden born 03 Sept 1820 in Perry's Cove. One of his sons Joseph married a girl from Fogo and Stephen & his wife Ann King moved there. Not sure if their other son Bartholmew & daughter Jemima also moved there.

Their son Joseph was born 28 July 1841 in Perry' Cove and married his lst wife Martha Puddester 26 March 1867. Martha died shortly after the birth of their son Allen in June of 1867 in Seldom Come By. Joseph's 2nd wife was Elizabeth Boone with whom he had a son Ezekeal born 1873 in Seldom Come By.

Allen Budden married Elizabeth ? (unknown) and had the following children:

Julie/ Julia Budden, born July 1906 Michaels Harbour, NL
Harry Budden born Nov. 1901, North Sydney,Nova Scotia
Martha Budden, born Sept 1905, Michaels Harbour, NL
Novella Budden, born Feb. 1910, Michaels Harbour, NL

Allen died 24 June 1947 in Botwood and his wife Elizabeth died 17 April 1920 in Botwood.

Ezekeal Budden - I have no info other than what Brian shows: Ezekael married a Julia Knight and they had a son LUPERT - can you confirm this name??

Sorting out the Seldom Budden's is very difficult - as I believe there may have been TWO Stephen Budden's living at about the same time and the same place, or maybe just some very conflicting information.

Win (Budden) Desmond

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 12:00PM GMT
Hi Win

Here is a link to the info concerning Ezekiel and Julia's children.

http://ngb.chebucto.org/C1921/21-michaels-hbr-tw.shtml.

Any info or contacts you may have concerning Elizabeth Boone's maiden name?

Do you have an up to date e-mail address for Ruth? My e-mails to her are unable to go through?

Brian.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic