Search for content in message boards

BARBEE, GABRIEL DESCENDANTS

BARBEE, GABRIEL DESCENDANTS

John Abernathy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 8:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for a living descendant of Gabriel Barbee, in hopes that they would be willing to participate in the BARBEE DNA STUDY. I have much info that supports my being a descendant of his brother Gray Barbee, both sons of Benjamin Barbee, who died the end of 1825 or early 1826, in Orange Co., NC. Gray died before his father, probably before, 1820, and the last record of him is 1810 census in Orange Co. Benjamin mentions the heirs of his son Gray Barbee but does not mention their names. I am hopeful that DNA results of a Gabriel descendant would show a close relationship to the DNA results of two males who are believed to be descendants of his brother, Gray Barbee. I am willing to pay for the costs of the tests.

Gabriel was married three times and had children by all three wives.

The best possibilities of living descendants that I currently know of are:
1. Harrison I. Barbee, born 1928, NC
2. Marion C. Barbee, born 1922, NC.
I would appreciate help in trying to find them or a male descendant of them.
Their line back to Gabriel is:
F: Marion C. Barbee, b. Jul 1893, NC
GF: Gabriel O. Barbee, b. 26 Sep 1854, Orange Co., NC, d. 19 Aug 1931, Wake Co., NC
GGF: Francia Barbee, b. 1819, Orange Co., NC
GGGF: Gabriel Barbee, b. abt 1795 (1st wife Nancy Duffy)

Other possibilities for whom I do not have names of descendants that may be living are:

The following sons of Willis Alvis Barbee, b. 2 Feb 1869, NC, d. 16 Mar 1906, Durham Co, NC.
3. W. Claude Barbee, b. abt 1900, NC
4. Irvin Barbee, b. 18 Aug 1904, NC
I failed to check for them in the 1930 census.
If anyone can help find them in this census or elsewhere to see if they have sons, I would appreciate it.

The son of George Lewis Barbee, b. 14 Oct 1872, Durham, NC, d. 1 Jan 1952
5. Odie Barbee, b. about 1908, NC

The sons of Henry Graham Barbee, b. 21 May 1873, Durham, NC
6. Henry Graham Barbee, Jr.
7. Claude Melton Barbee

The son of Otis Ashmore Barbee, b. 6 Apr 1890, NC, d. 29 Jun 1956
8. Albert Barbee

Note: Otis had another son, who has a living son. The living son has declined to be a part of the DNA test program. He is the only living descendant of Gabriel that I know of at this point. I am hopeful that other living descendants had be found from what I have provided. I have tried searching the 1930 census for others but have not yet had success. For years I have tried to fine proof of the father (mother too) of Hillary W., Nancy F., and Sirena Barbee (my line) who I believe are the children of Gray Barbee, the brother of Gabriel Barbee, and grandchildren of Benjamin Barbee. They somehow got to Giles and Lawrence Co., TN, where they married and lived.
Again, any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t know where else to seek help.
Thanks
John

Re: BARBEE, GABRIEL DESCENDANTS

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 2:59AM GMT
I am a descendant of Gabriel. His son Francis "or Frank" born in 1819 (mother: Nancy Duffy) was my GGGGF.

Re: BARBEE, GABRIEL DESCENDANTS

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 4:01PM GMT
It was wonderful to hear from you. I would love to know more about your line from Frank and Gabriel. I have a lot of info on the Barbee family, going back to the 1600s and am willing to freely share anything I have. I descend from the Barbees in two ways. Please contact me at jeaormha@aol.com. John Abernathy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic