Search for content in message boards

Amos Garris Family

Amos Garris Family

Posted: 16 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2009 11:29PM GMT
Surnames: Garris
We are looking for Garris family descendants. Amos Garris III bought land at Margarettsville, Northampton, Nc and we spread out from there. We have 14,100+ Garris family and would like to add your lineage and share ours.

Laura Garrris - Frank Odom

Posted: 11 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2009 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Garris, Odom
Do you have additional information as to who Laura Garris and Frank Odom parents were or names of their children. I have a Franklin Odom whose mother Mary Garris dau of Ethelred Garris b. 1804 in Northampton Co., NC and there were several of this family who married Odom men and women.

Laura Garris

Rebecca (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2009 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Garris, Odom
I'm searching for a Laura Garris who married a Frank Odom They had eight children. I've been told they were from Conway although this could be incorrect. The only dates I have are their fourth child born 1901 and their last child born 1914. Frank died around 1914. If you have this name listed in your family would love to hear from you.

Re: Laura Garrris - Frank Odom

Posted: 18 Sep 2001 2:55AM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2009 11:31PM GMT
Frank Odom was named Franklin W. S. Odom and he was
married 3 times in Northampton Co., NC. His brothers were
Emery Preston Odom who lived and died near Severn, NC and John Henry Odom who lived and died near Conway, NC.
They had a half sister whose father is unknown to me. The 3 boys' mother was Mary(Polly) Odom b. ca 1828 and d.ca 1903 in Northampton County, NC. The father was Etheldred Garris who died in 1862. Evidently Mary Odom and Etheldred Garris did not get married. He did provide support for them in his will. I am trying to figure out Mary Odoms parents. I believe her father is Isham Odom who died about 1848. I would like to know more about Franklin Odom and his family.

Re: Laura Garrris - Frank Odom

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2009 11:32PM GMT
I have a lot of information on this connection of Laura Blanche Garris m. Franklin W. S. "Frank" Odom and dau of Etheldred Garris to share. Also have other Garris family of this line that are glad to share.

Re: Garris Family

Janet P. Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2002 3:17AM GMT
I remember Mr. Lloyd Garriss of Margarettsville. I also know where a Garriss Family Bible c. 1900 is located.

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 8:42AM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2003 12:43AM GMT
I would appreciate your information on the Lloyd Garriss family and any other you have. My gggrandfather, William Garris was from Northampton Co., NC, his son Benjamin Franklin Garris was willed his brother James Garris 3000 acre plantation at Lilesville, Anson, NC, My ggrandfather was raised there.

Janet P. Barnes (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2002 10:37PM GMT

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 1:14AM GMT
I have a Lloyd Garris b. 1912 in Northampton Co., NC which might be him as son of Henry Garris & Ida. Would it be possible to send the names with their information such as born/died/when/where that is in it. This is a treasure. I am at chgeagle@yahoo.com Dr. Charles H. Garris

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 1:26AM GMT
I think I found this family Henry Pinckney Macajah Garris m. Ida Mae Bridgers , sons Henry Thomas Garris and Lloyd Daniel Garris m. Eva Alberta Lassiter, they had a daughter Mary Linda Garris who was a professor at Duke U in Durham, NC. Interestingly she was a professor of Hemotology-study of blood in man, my sister Mary Lou Garris has a Masters Degree in Hemotology and wrote a College book "Blood Groups in Man" and taught at U of California in Palo Alto, Ca where her husband is an electrical Engineer for Hulett Packard, computers. I would appreciate the information from the family Bible. Charles
per page

Find a board about a specific topic