Search for content in message boards

Swain County Heritage Book

Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Aug 2001 4:26AM GMT
Does anyone know where I can buy a Swain County Heritage Book? Thanks.

Phyllis Crenshaw (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
I am looking for the Swain County Heritage Book. If anyone knows where I can purchase one I would be very grateful.

Phyllis Crenshaw - Trecelco3@carolina.rr.com

Re: Swain County Heritage Book: Woodfin McLean

Posted: 4 Sep 2001 3:01AM GMT
Hi. As a newcomer to genealogy, I don't know what the Swain
Co. Heritage Book is, but I'm interested. My greatgrandfather, Woodfin Kelsey McLean, died in Swain Co. on 4-26-1906, and is buried in School House Hill Cemetery, Bryson City, N. C. His wife, Lucinda (Brigman), born
6-22-1848, is also buried there. I'd be grateful for any tidbits of
information about either of these or their 8 or 10 children.

Posted: 20 Jan 2002 9:23AM GMT
Woodfin Kelsey McLean is the younger brother of my great grandfather Quincy Clay McLean. 6 brothers of this family served in the civil war. Their father was Daniel, a tailor by trade, and his father is said to have been Daniel (Donald)
There is more detail, e-mail me if you want me to send it.

Posted: 26 Apr 2004 1:24AM GMT
Surnames: McLean's
My name is Peggy Willis and Woodfin Kelsey McLean is my great,great,great grandfather Daniel L. McLean's son.I have Descendants of Donald (Daniel) McLean info that I can share with you if you would like.I am interested in your info into our family.

Posted: 18 May 2010 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: McLean
Soooo GLAD I found you!!!! I am the g-g-g grand daughter of Woodfin Kelsey McLean. I have his father, Daniel L. McLean's info, but I get stumped with his father Donald McLean prior to coming to NC. The Scotland thing really throws me off because Donald McLean seems to be a common name - although they all moved to Canada I think. I would be so, so, so greatful if you could share what you have!

Posted: 18 May 2010 6:24PM GMT
Surnames: McLean
I would love to have any info on Donald (Daniel) McLean. He was my g-g-g-g-g grandfather. I have his wife as Sophia. (Was her last name Grant?) This is the Donald who came to NC in approx 1773 with his brother John.

Posted: 18 May 2010 6:33PM GMT
Woodfin Kelsey McLean's son, Melvin Nathaniel McLean, was my great-grandmother's father. Her name was Julia Louise McLean, and she was the daughter of Melvin and his seconda wife Margaret Elizabeth Humphrey, b 3/11/1910 in Graham County NC, and died 7/22/1999 in Jackosnville, Florida. She married James Franklin Plyler in York, SC on 7/22/1999. They had 5 children, Julia, James Jr, Margaret, Dorothy, and Mary Ila. Margaret is the only child still living.

Posted: 19 May 2010 9:14PM GMT
Most of the info I have is pretty common knowledge about Donald(Daniel) McLean and his son Daniel(the Tailor)and that generation of children who fought in the Civil War.
I descend from Quincy Clay Mclean through Henry B. McLean and Bessie Lee Mclean to my mother Grace Arlene Scott. So I come from the great tarheel migration to Sedro-Woolley, Washington.

Re: Swain County Heritage Book

Posted: 5 Jun 2010 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: WIlson, Allison, Dills, Ray, Tutherow, Collett, Stalcup
Unless they have reprinted it, I bought the last copy of it about 6 or 7 years ago.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions