Search for content in message boards

Charles Dutton - Undertaker

Charles Dutton - Undertaker

Posted: 8 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 11:13PM GMT
Surnames: Dutton, Bowker
I am looking for anyone who may have heard of an undertaker in the Dovre area in Barron County, named Charles Dutton. He buried Beulah bowker in 1906. I am trying t see if I can locate any records that he may have kept that would help to confirm her burial site at the twin Lakes Cemetery in chippewa county. The cemetery records do not show who is buried there but the lot was owned by a B. Bowker who I believe to be her father Benif Bowker and the records also show a second grave but no names.

Bowker burrial sites

Posted: 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Dec 2001 1:51AM GMT
Surnames: Bowker
Dear Edward;

I have been checking at the Barron Co. Court House for
records as it will be some time before I can get a hold of the Chippewa Co Cemetery Listings Book. Twin Lakes is just over the county line into Chippewa County. There may be more records there in that county.

I did find a death cert. for Beaulah Bowker b. 25 Nov.
1889 and died 29 Nov.1906. I t includes her parents names
as Benef Bowker and Lilly Holmes and she is burried at Twin
Lakes Cemetery by Charles Dutton.

The other Bowker death cert that I found is for Jennie M. Bowker b.25 Oct. 1888 and died 4 April 1902 and her parents are Bennif D. Bowker and Lillian Lexton, and she is
burried at Twin Lakes.

I thought you might have these death cert. pieces of information so I did not include all the rest of the information but will if you want it.

There might be some information on burrials at the U W
Stout Library Archives in Menomonie-Dunn Co. Wis. or at U W
Eau Claire. Each U is in charge of certain counties to preserve records etc. One other place might be the Chippewa
County Geneological Society as they have an extensive collectionof history. I have not had the chance to check it out but have it on "my someday when I have more time" list.
Let me know if you need more information.
Sincerely,
Mary Peterson

Bowker Burial Sites

Posted: 17 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 11:13PM GMT
Surnames: Bowker, Lexton, Holmes
Hi Mary:

Thank you for your Response to my query.

I do have the death certificate for Beulah Bowker but the info on Jennie Bowker is new to me. I know she was the daughter of Benif Bowker.

As for the Twin Lakes Cemetery, I have had several Telephone conversations with the person who holds the burial records. The records only indicate that Ben Bowker owned the 2 plots but the records do not identify who is buried in them.

I would be very much interested in the information on the death record for Jennie Bowker.

Thank You Very Much ED

Re: Bowker Burial Sites

Posted: 17 Mar 2013 5:13PM GMT
I have a Chippewa County Cemetery Index. The only listing for Bowker is a "lot" at Twin Lakes. No additional names under Bowker.

Sorry, but did want to verify what the cemetery index said.
Sandi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic