Search for content in message boards

Capaldi from Picinisco?

Capaldi from Picinisco?

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 11:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Apr 2004 8:51PM GMT
Surnames: Capaldi and Fusco
Recently commenced searching my family. Details are Grandfather, Achille Capaldi b 1879 Picinisco? Arrived Edinburgh Scotland circa 1905. His father's name was Sante. Mothers maiden name Angela Maria Fusco. any information would be gratefully appreciated

Re: Capaldi from Picinisco?

Anita Pugh (Arcari) (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2002 10:47PM GMT
Have Nicolo Arcari m. Annamaria Capaldi (12.01.1813) & Alfonsa Arcari m. Giovanni Capaldi 08.05.1812. (5 generations removed from mine). All from Picnisco, Frosinine. Hope this helps

Pat Capaldi (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2002 9:25PM GMT
Surnames: CAPALDI
Did you find anything out from your search?
I would like to see the realtionships beween Capaldi's from Italy and those in the UK.
I know my Grandfather lived in Scotland for a while but that's about all

Alfred Bonifazio Capaldi (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2002 3:27PM GMT
My family go back to Bernardo Capaldi Born 27 Oct 84 (Mother Mary ? 1853 - 1938). Married Emilia. Children Victor, Luigi Toni. Married again to Angela Perilli. Children Alfredo and Emmanuella. Alfredo was my father.
Bernardo Capaldi served in Italian Army 1916-19. Emigrated to Edinburgh 1922 and opened an icream shop. Moved business to Kingussie and bought shop for Alfredo in Brora.
We are related to the Guiseppi Crolla family from Glasgow who also had shops in Edinburgh.

Kaye Bernard (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2002 11:17AM GMT
Hi Pat...my name is Kaye Bernard I am married to Kim. We live in Australia. We visited Piconisco in 1997. This is where Kims father's(Bernard Henry Bernard) mother (Filomena Bernard - maiden name Capaldi) was born. She had (about) 10 brothers and sisters. The original family home in Piconisco was dated at 1835 as I remember. The remaining two sisters in Piconisco (both have died since 1997) were Salbucca and Yoldanda (who was married to Giovanni ? - had fish and chip shops in Scotland during thier marriage).
The only remaining Capaldi (Filomena's brother) is Paul who is in his 90's and lives near us in Australia.

Rosalia is the postmistress in Piconisco. She is Filomena's brothers (can't rememer his name) daughter and would have a good knoweldge of the family if contacted. She would alos have info on other Capaldi family lines if I am discussing the wrong one.

Bye...Kaye

Andrea Capaldi (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2003 11:33PM GMT
My Great-grandad was Guissepe Capaldi from picinisco,who lived there all his life until he came to York (UK) where he met and married Margaret from Ireland and had 5 Sons: Vincenzo, Carlo, Antonio, Nino and Raimondo (my grandad)who carried on the family ice cream business, and which is now run by my father Brian Capaldi

Helene Perilli (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2004 12:16AM GMT
I am researching my husband's family tree - Perilli from Casale, Vallegrande which are small villages near Picinisco. I have come across Lorenzo Capaldi born in Picinisco. He married Marguerita Perilli and died in the first world war on 13/12/1915. Their son Guiseppe was born in Picinisco 27/01/1915. He emigrated to England and had a daughter Francesca. If this sounds of interest to you I can put you in touch with Francesca.
I am also interested in the Angela Perili you mentioned.
Helene

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 9:08PM GMT
Dear Kay

I think I am related to your husband Kim. My maiden name is Capaldi and my father was called Guerino Capaldi,son of Gaetano Capaldi, who was brother to Paul in Australia, Filomena, Iolanda, Rosalba, Ernesto (Rosalia's dad) Fiore, Genoeffa, and Vincent. Rosalia is also my 3rd cousin. Can you please contact me as there are many descendants of this family here in Glasgow and it would be really great to make contact with your family in Australia. I hope you are all well. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sandra

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 11:25AM GMT
Surnames: Del Prete, Leonardi, Pesce, Di Fiore, Bracciale, Rossi, Tortolani, Rolfi, Di Troia, Farina, Salvia
I am interested in making contact with others who share my love of the Val di Comino and with those who are also tracing their Italian roots in this beautiful area.
I thought you might be interested that I have just started an English website about
Atina / The Val di Comino / Ciociaria area:
http://atina.shapcott-family.com

I am English but now live in Italy in South Lazio.

Researching in Atina: Del Prete, Leonardi, Pesce, Di Fiore, Bracciale, Rossi, Tortolani, Rolfi, Di Troia, Farina, Salvia

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 11:50AM GMT
Surnames: Capaldi
Hello everyone & Hello Nonna Lou we have corresponded before.

I started this thread in 2002 and seven years later I have made excellent progress in my ancestor search.

Please go to my web site www.capaldi-clan.com where I have detailed my findings. Updated today 1 June 2009 with statistics about the Val di Comino communi

I am of course still filling in the blanks therefore if anyone has information on my family names please contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions