Search for content in message boards

Will do Look Ups from the book "The marriage Registers of Upper Canada/Canada West Volume 12:Eastern District 1801-1865"

Will do Look Ups from the book "The marriage Registers of Upper Canada/Canada West Volume 12:Eastern District 1801-1865"

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 9:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Apr 2013 12:44PM GMT
Counties included are Glengarry, Stormont, and Dundas.

Townships in Glengarry are Charlottenburgh, Kenyon, Lancaster, Lochiel, and St. Regis Indians.

Townships in Stormont are Cornwall & Roxborough, and Finch & Osnabruck.

Townships in Dundas are Matilda, Mountain, Williamsburgh, and Winchester.

If you do not hear from me in a reasonable amount of time please send me an email at davidcjr@charter.net. I am not getting notifications through my email from Ancestry.

Thanks

Re: Will do Look Ups from the book "The marriage Registers of Upper Canada/Canada West Volume 12:Eastern District 1801-1865"

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 3:59PM GMT
Please look for an Alpin Grant married to an Ann/Nancy Grant
before 1828. First child born 1828. Lived South Branch in Charlottenburgh. Would suggest you look in Stormont's listing as well as Glengarry's.
Many thanks. Anne Neuman

Re: Will do Look Ups from the book "The marriage Registers of Upper Canada/Canada West Volume 12:Eastern District 1801-1865"

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 5:07PM GMT
Hi Anne,

The book did not contain an Alpin. So I did a search for any male Grant's for that time frame incase he went by a middle name and none of them were married before 1828. If there is anything else I can look up, I would be glad to help :0)

Sorry and Good Luck,

Margie

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 10:46PM GMT
Hi Margie . J. Young here . Would you mind looking for an Elizabeth Young . She was probably born between 1782 and 1790 . She lived in Charlottenburg Glengarry , but may have married in Cornwall Stormont County . Thanks in advance . J.

Posted: 23 Oct 2012 11:22PM GMT
Hi J. Young,

They do not have an Elizabeth. Do you possibly have a middle name for her? They have listed an Easter, Margaret, Mary Jane, R. Young, and S. Young. There are not very many Young's in this book.

Margie

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 1:22AM GMT
Thank you for your very generous offer.
I am looking for a marriage between John Hugh McDonnell ( b. 1810) and Flora McGillis ( b. abt 1820).

If found, any mention of parents would be a pleasant surprise.

Many Thanks
Dave

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 2:09AM GMT
Hi Dave,

There are no McGillis listed at all. Interesting they did have a John McDonnell who married an Ann McDeirmid in 1806 both of Charlotteenburg. He is the only John McDonnell listed in the book. Maybe some relation? If you like I could scan and email it, it looks like it lists a good bit of family in this one. If you are interested in any other lookups please let me know.

Margie

Posted: 24 Oct 2012 1:43PM GMT
Many thanks Margie,
I will pass on the Charlotteenburg details. I appreciate your efforts

Dave

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 5:47AM GMT
Surnames: McIntosh, Bethune, Dewar, Fletcher
Hello I was wondering if there are any Bethunes (Norman marrying Anne "Nancy" Fletcher) I also am related to McIntosh's and Dewars. I really appreciate your time.
Katie

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 1:45AM GMT
Conducted by Rev. William Fraser Bredalbane

Donald Dewer to Isabella Bethune of Lochiel married march 26 1835 wit. Alexander Meldrum and Duncan Campbell of Lochiel.

Hector Bethune of Kenyon to Mary McLeod of Hawkesbury married Jan 20 1835 wit. Dugald McDugald and La. Fraser of Bredalbane.

Peter McCuaig to Catherine Bethune both of Lochiel married Feb 24 1835 wit James Lothian and Allen Campbell both of Lochiel.

John Low Farrand to Christy Bethune both of Charlottenburg married Feb 5 1807. License issued in Cornwall. William Halton, J. P. Wit. John Ferguson and Joshua Young Cozens both of Cornwall.

There are a lot of McIntosh's

Alexander to Maria Cook md. 1844
Allen to Mary Ann Mumby md.1850
Charlotte to George a Fox md. 1845
Christina to William Grant md. 1836
Conrod to Elizabeth Dicks both of Williamsburg md.1838
David of Matilda to Maria Pierce of Williamsburg md. 1834
Dugald to Christy McLennan both of Lochiel md. 1848
Duncan to Susanna Jane Montgomery both of Roxborough md. 1857

I'm going to have to finish tomorrow since there are a lot. If you see any names that look familiar I will give you the full listing just let me know.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions