Search for content in message boards

Francis Cooke (Mayflower)

Francis Cooke (Mayflower)

Posted: 7 Feb 2001 7:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2004 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Cooke
Mother's maiden name was Billie Louise Cooke, daughter of William Lewis Cooke of Plainville, CT. With help from my aunt, Ethie Cooke, I can get back to John Hurlbert Cooke (born 1758 died 1827) who built the John Cooke Tavern in Plainville. Having difficulty making connection between Francis Cooke & John Hurlbert Cooke. Time is of the essence as my Mother is 79 & my aunt is 84 and I would love to be able to tell them they are true Mayflower descendents.

Cooke in Philadelphia?

francis cooke (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 2001 9:39AM GMT
Do you have any one here in philadelphia?My grandfathers name is Randolph cooke.

Cooke family

Posted: 9 Feb 2001 5:43PM GMT
Angie - thanx for responding so quickly but to my knowledge I don't know of any relatives in Philadelphia; My immediate annecestors were from Plainville, CT going back to 1759. I am trying to trace back to Jacob Cooke, son of Francis Cooke who I believe would be my ancestor. I am missing data from that era through to 1759 where I have complete records of relatives. If I run across any Cookes from Philadelphia I will let you know. Thanx again.
Posted: 15 Feb 2001 6:31PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2006 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, Hillman, Mahieu, Miller, Hall, Edgerton, Cummings, Hopkins
Hi, I am researching COOKE - in Quebec, Canada. I have a Charolotte COOKE b. c.1824 married Stephen HILLMAN 1842-in St.Angelique,Que. I have connected with someone also searching & rec'd the following data: (maybe it will help you).
Francis COOKE b. 1583-Kingston England -marr. Hester MAHIEU, son Jacob COOKE-b.1618 marr.- Damaris Hopkins -Plymouth MA- ; -son-
Jacob COOKE b. 1653 Plymouth MA -marr. Lydia MILLER -Kingston, MA, -son William COOKE b.1683-marr. Tabitha HALL - Kingston MA-son
-Elisah COOKE b. 1716 marr. Rebecca EDGERTON, Hardwick,NJ; son - Simeon COOKE b. 1762 marr. Anna? Moore? ; son - Elisha COOKE -b. c. 1788 Kingston MA, marr. Polly ?
-daughter - Polly COOKE b. 1815 Provincetown MA, marr. Orange W. CUMMINGS.... from here it
extends to the CUMMINGS "branch" in North Nation Mills, Quebec, Can. There are a great number of COOKE's in that area from 1842 on. Don't know if this is of any help for you in your search. Dorothy E. Morris
<Dotemorris@aol.com>

Re: Francis Cooke

Karen Cook (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2001 6:28PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2004 5:37AM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, Patterson
I am gr gr ----- granddaughter of Sr. Francis Cooke.My aunt with the help of others researched the information. I have a copy of the line present back to Anna Cooke born July 20, 1785 died June 27, 1852.
Married William Patterson in Mount Holly NJ.
My aunt has not given me the rest of the paper work back into England. She is putting it together for me.
If anyone could help me to gather information on Wm. Patterson husband of Anna Cooke it would be very much appreciated.
I have a file that I could share with you if interested.
Karen

Parents of Anna Cooke were Sarah McFarland and Stephen Cooke

Karen Cook (View posts)
Posted: 24 Feb 2001 6:30PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2004 5:38AM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, McFarland
Parents of Anna Cooke
Mother-Sarah McFarland
Father-Stephen Cooke

Cooke research

Karen Cook (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2001 5:53AM GMT
karenc@davesworld.net
Please contact may have inf. you desire.
I have connection back to Pennsylvania with full list of family. Information goes back to 1663 Francis Cooke.
Karen

Cooke's in Pennsylvania

Joan Wadsworth Dervin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2001 2:37PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2004 5:39AM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, Gross
Do you have any info on Minnie Gross Cooke Married to James A. Cooke. Children Delmar & Geraldine. I believe they lived in Union County near New Berlin or Lewisburg, Pa

Re: Jacob Cooke

Posted: 4 Jul 2001 2:10AM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2006 9:28PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke, Sears, Sayer, Holmes, Godfrey, Grannis, Andrews, Ralston, Cook
Seems I am finding many references to Jacob Cooke's son, Jacob. Jacob had another son, Caleb (my line). He married a Jane ___?. Son, John, married Elizabeth Sears (Sayer?).Son, Paul, married Joanna Holmes. Son, John (Capt in Rev War), married Mary Godfrey. Son, Nathaniel, married Margaret Grannis. Son, John Godfrey Cook, married Sarah Andrews. Here is where the name changes for me. Daughter, Margaret, married George Alstadt Ralston. Do any of these names sound familiar?
Denise

Re: Cooke research

Posted: 8 Jan 2002 3:00AM GMT
Karen,
I, too, am researching the Francis Cooke family, but I do not have anything concrete on the ancestors of Francis. You said that your aunt was putting something together on that. Has that happened yet? I would really be interested in that!! Was his father Edward and grandfather Anthony Cooke? Thought it could be.
I have researched several generations of the descendants of Francis. At one point I thought I had it all figured out to my generation, but then found there was an error. So I am still trying to make the connection in the late 1700's & very early 1800's when my gr gr grandmother, Polly Cooke was born in 1815. I do know it had to be through Jacob, son of Francis.
I am willing to share what I have already found on them in the 1600's and much of the 1700's.
Sorry I cannot help you on Anna at this point.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic