Search for content in message boards

Newman's of Irland>GA>AL>TX

Newman's of Irland>GA>AL>TX

Posted: 24 May 2000 6:46AM GMT
Edited: 24 May 2002 1:06PM GMT
James Henry W. Newman born around 1810 or 1810, in Irland. married Elizabeth Beggs 9/5/1839 in Elbert Co. GA.
His son,David J. Charles newman, born around 1841. in GA. 11/3/1857 married Sila (?) Evelyn Hadder
I have childrens names on some of theses, nad have information on the children of Patrick Henry Newman, son of James Henry W, Newman as well.
Any help with this famliy would be wonderful. Will be glad to share information.
His son, John Henry Newman, born 10/16/1860 in GA
His son, James David Newman, born 7/24/1881 in Douible Springs AL. Winston County.
His son, Henry McCalister Newman, born 6/1/1901, Garden Valley TX, Smith County, married Maggie Elnora Smith.

descendants of James Henry W. Newman

Wesley E. Newman (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 10:09AM GMT
Carol,
I am the grandson of John H. Newman (b10/16/1860). I have extensive information on the descendants of John H Newman; but, not much on other descendants of James H.W. N. I sincerely hope you will contact me. My telephone is 770-941-2774. I live in Mableton, Ga. A surburb of Atlanta.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Wes Newman

Patrick Newman

Roberta Newman Collier (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 11:20AM GMT
Carol I am a granddaughter of John H. Newman, Wesley Newman is my brother. We are very interested in exchangng family information. I live in Evansville, IN. and my phone is 812 491 7975 . Sincerly,
Roberta Collier

John Henry Newman

Helen Newman Salzmann (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 6:07PM GMT
Hi My John Henry was born inPhile Pa .Father George Washington Newman,mother Elizabeth Carey.Had4 bro Georeg W,Andrew,Thomas,and Jacob.
I know he married a lady from one of the southern ststes and had one known son Frank.I have found the Cem .records and the son signed the papers.
Does this in any way link up with you???
Waiting to hear from you.

Helen

John Henry Newman

Helen Newman Salzmann (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2000 6:30PM GMT
Hi My John Henry was born inPhila, Pa .Father George Washington Newman,mother Elizabeth Carey.Had4 bro Georeg W,Andrew,Thomas,and Jacob.
I know he married a lady from one of the southern ststes and had one known son Frank.I have found the Cem .records and the son signed the papers.
Does this in any way link up with you???
Of german descent. email me.
hrsalz@aol.com
Helen

John Henry Newman

Wesley E Newman (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 8:41AM GMT
Helen,
So far as I can see, there is no direct link. My John Henry was born 19 Mar 1873 in Winston county Al. He married Lucinda Welborn and Birde (Mary B) Chambers. He lived the majority of his life in Winston Co. Al. His parents were Patrick Henry and Octavia Theresa Hadder.

What I do find very interesting is that the name George Washington and John Henry are used in both Newman lines. My GGgrandparents were James Henry W Newman and Nancy Agnes Beggs. We have very little information on them, but we think James may have had two brothers who came to America with him. There names are Jesse and John Henry. I have found some infomation on various John Henrys in the South. I would be happy to share any information I have with you.

My name is Wesley E Newman, my home phone is 770-941-2774, my cell phone is 678-525-8692, my email is wes-newman@worldnet.

I would love to here from you,
sincerely,
Wes Newman

John Henry Newman

Helen Salzmann (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 2000 4:29PM GMT
Thank you so much for you information.
I do not see any connection either, but here is what I have.
My GG Father was George Washington Newman, I have traced him back to his dod but can find no record of his marriage or birth.
They seem to have been in philia pa that far back.

I did have one lead He was a member of the Odd Fellows (like Masons) but the records we lost in a flood that Pa had.
John Henry My g uncle was a brick layer and also worked putting brick linings inside hugh furnace"s.As iI said he traveled in his work and married a southern lady.He never to my knowledge return to the Pa until sometime before or after his death. He is buried in the family Plot.

He did have one son Frank the one that buried him.

My name is Helen Salzmann
email hrsalz@AOL.COM
I lived Alabama for about 8 years. Baldwin Co.
My late husband has family there.

Thank you again. It is nice to talk to people interested in the Newman Family.

Sincerely
Helen Salzmann

John Henry Newman

Posted: 5 Sep 2000 5:36PM GMT
Hi,, I just read your post to Wes. Wes and I am related, so I just had to see if we were too.
I am confused. You say you have a George Washington who is brother to John Henry. Well,, we do to.
Our G.W was born 9/8/1875 in Winston Co Al.
His brother John, 3/19/1873
Their father was Patrick Henry Newman, who was the son of John Henry W. Newman, 1810 or 1812, Ireland
I find it strange that we both have G.W. with brothers named John Henry as well. Seems to me I remember seeing somewhere our John Henry was a brick mason too.
Are you sure your's were from PA?????
My email is harriman@coserv.net
940-240-1161

Carol

john Henry Newman

helen Salzmann (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2000 1:49PM GMT
Hi ,recieved your message.I will send you a complete tree run down to you email.. its better. will do it at a later date.

Helen

John Henry Newman

Posted: 6 Sep 2000 5:28PM GMT
Hi, got you note,, will be looking for the email,,, Thanks! Will be glad to share mine with you too,,

Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions