Search for content in message boards

F E Myers & Bro Co Ashland Ohio

F E Myers & Bro Co Ashland Ohio

grady sanderson (View posts)
Posted: 14 Oct 2002 3:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
I was wondering if anyone could help me find some information on this company.such as dates of operation,if it is still in operation and so on . i have some of thier pumps and am looking for information so i can restore them to new condition thank you

Re: F E Myers & Bro Co Ashland Ohio

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 9:11AM GMT

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 1:45PM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2003 2:04PM GMT
Surnames: Myers, Meyer, Moyer
You can see their website @ http://www.myerspump.com/.

I'm related to the Myers Pump Co, original owners, F.E. and P.A. Myers of Ashland, OH.

My great-grandfather was Jacob Myers and his brother was George, who was the father of F.E. and P.A. Myers.

I'd love to get some pictures of your pumps. Is that possible?

I've been doing genealogy on my mother's side which is Myers (Marjorie Lowe Myers Lyng) for about two years.

Would like to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Suzanne

Suzanne Myers Reynolds (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2002 11:15PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: MYERS, MOULD
Thought you might like to have this. I am researching Myers in Northern MI and ran across this. The F.E. Myers family has a "cabin and annex" on the west shore of Mullett Lake, just outside Cheboygan. I didn't know who they were till I saw your posting. Thanks!

"The Cheboygan News" Wednesday, June 24, 1908
MOULD-MYERS
The marriage of Miss Alice Mould, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. C.E. Mould to Mr. John C. Myers, of Ashland, Ohio, was solemnized last Wednesday evening at St. James' Episcopal church by Rev. A. F. Shultzberg in the presence of a host of invited guests. The church was beautifully decorated with evergreens and flowers. Ther groom was attended by his brother, Mr. Jay Myers, and Miss Ellen Mould, sister of the bride, was maid of honor. Mr. Horace Baker, of Pittsburg, Pa, and Mr. Clifford Rogers, of Springfield, Mass., friends of the groom acted as ushers.
After the ceremony the young couple repaired to the home of the bride's parents where they received the congratulations of friends.
The happy couple received a large number of presents, among them a check for $15,000 from the father of the groom.
The young couple left the same evening for the east. The groom is associated with his father in business at Ashland, Ohio, where they will make their home.
Among the out of town guests were: Mr. and Mrs. F.E. Myers and family; Mr. and Mrs. P.A. Myers, Mr. and Mrs. Jay Myers, Miss Hazel Myers; Miss Nellie Chase and Miss Ella Otley of Ashland, Ohio. Mr. Chas. E. Mould, Jr., of Kalamazoo, General and Mrs. Bates of Sault Ste. Marie; Mr. Arthur Burhman, of Cincinati; Mr. Clifford Rogers of Springfield, Mass.; Mr. Horace Baker, Pittsburg, and Mr. Fred Parker, of Westfield, Mass.

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Myers
Looking for parts for a Myers pump (Bulldozer Jr. 6010)....not sure I have even the closest place to inquire but would appreciate any info you could provide about the F. E. Myer Company...ie. is it still in business or where can one purchase parts....thank you....Larry

Posted: 30 Sep 2007 7:54PM GMT
F.E. Myers is no longer in business, was bought out by Pentair. They are in Ashland, Ohio.

I am a distant relation to the Myers Pump Co. My great-grandfather, Jacob Myers had a brother named George. George's two sons, F.E. and P.A. Myers owned Myers Pump Co.

Thank you,
Suzanne Lenahan

Posted: 1 Oct 2007 7:08PM GMT
Try "Googleing" Myers Pump in Ashland Ohio. I found a good history by doing that. You may have to look through a lot of Myers' before you find the right ones.

Posted: 4 Oct 2007 1:11PM GMT
Thank you for your quick reply! We're going to check out Pentair and see if we can find parts for the pump. Larry Neville

Posted: 31 Dec 2009 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Meyers
Hi Suzanne, I am from Australia, Dubbo NSW (Tony Beale) in fact and my wife and I bought this 100acre block of land 9 years ago and have been rennovating the house ever since. A labour of love. We have had a broken down horse or tractor drawn tank with a pump attached. I reckon it is pre 1934 vintage and is one of your ancestor as the cast inscription reads F E Meyer and Bro, O, USA. It is a double action hand pump and I have taken pictures of it and the tank it was attached to. As it happens yesterday I picked it up from the paddock and have started the rejuvenation. I think it has been there for many years and I was amazed how easily it came apart. I believe that it was probably originally used for transferring petrol, kerosens or oil but may have been used for water transfer as well. I would be happy to send you pictures, if you like, and would like to date the pump more accurately. My e-mail is tpbeale@activ8.net.au. Cheers and a happy new year

Posted: 20 Apr 2012 6:27PM GMT
do you have any additional info on the Myers family in Mullett Lake?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions