Search for content in message boards

Alexander McNaughton & Isobel Macleod

Alexander McNaughton & Isobel Macleod

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 11:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McNaughton, Lindsay, Macleod
I am searching for information on Alexander McNaughton, born approx. 1782 in Kenmore, Perth, Scotland; married Isobel Macleod (b. 1782). Alexander apparently died in Charlottenburg (now Glengarry), Ontario in about 1851. In particular, I am searching for info on his parents.

I have his father as Alexander McNaughton 1744-?, born in Kirk, Scotland. I have no knowledge of his mother's name, but it might be Mary Lindsay (b. 1760?). Alexander & Isobel are my husband's 4x great grandparents, and I'm trying to fill in the gaps on his family tree.

Thank you!

Re: Alexander McNaughton & Isobel Macleod

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 11:04PM GMT
Just to help you .... Charlottenburgh is a township in the County of Glengarry. Other townships being Lancaster, Lochiel, and Kenyon.
Anne Neuman

Posted: 12 Nov 2014 9:56PM GMT
There are only two Alexander McNaughtons born in the parish of Kenmore at approximately the time you have stated. One, born in 1777, died in Kenmore before 1793 as his parents had a second Alexander born in that year. The other Alexander was born in 1780 and was the son of Patrick (also recorded as Peter) McNaughton and Christian Cameron.

Posted: 12 Nov 2014 10:16PM GMT
Thanks very much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic