Search for content in message boards

Dock S. Osborne m. Nellie Wilson 1890

Dock S. Osborne m. Nellie Wilson 1890

Posted: 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: OSBORNE, WILSON
Dock Sterling Osborne, born 1871, and his wife Nellie Wilson, born 1866, married in 1890 in Williamson Co., TN. They had at least one son named Miles Sidney Osborne, born 1891 in Williamson Co. Believe Dock Osborne was my great grandmother's nephew. Dock died in 1893 and his wife Nellie died in 1958 in Runnels Co., TX. Would like to make contact with a descendant or researcher of this family.

Re: Dock S. Osborne m. Nellie Wilson 1890

Posted: 23 May 2013 7:26PM GMT
Dock Sterling Osborne's father is my Paternal GG Grandfather, Abijah Allen "Bidge" Osborne. After Dock's death in 1893, Nellie married John T Shelton. Her headstone is in Crews Cemetery in Winters, Runnels, Texas with family from both marriages. Nellie and Dock's son, Miles Sydney Osborne and his wife Lillie Gertrude are in this cemetery. Miles and Nellie have 2 daughters here, Effie Gertrude (Osborne) McNeely and Selma Louise Osborne. Nellie has 2 sons by her 2nd marriage, Odies Selba Shelton and his wife Clara Etta and their daughter,Lorene Shelton. Nellie's other son, Joe Dare Shelton.

This should get you there.
Type Shelton or Osborne where it asks for last name.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&GRid=18...;

Posted: 23 May 2013 11:48PM GMT
Surnames: WEAVER, SHASTEEN, OSBORNE
Thank you for making contact. My great, grandmother Mary Ann Weaver Shasteen was a sister to Sarah A. Weaver Osborne, wife of Abijah Allen Osborne.

Posted: 26 May 2013 4:35AM GMT
Do you have any idea where Sarah E. Weaver Osborne, Abijah Allen Osborne and Dock Sterling Osborne are buried.

I'm thinking Sarah E. and Abijah are buried in Moore County, TN and Dock is buried in Texas somewhere. Don't have a clue where.

Posted: 28 May 2013 10:05PM GMT
No, I do not know where any of them are buried. There is no listing for the parents in the published Franklin Co., TN or the Moore Co., TN Cemetery Books.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic