Search for content in message boards

I'm looking for info on the gabbard family

I'm looking for info on the gabbard family

Posted: 13 Sep 2011 11:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gabbard/Weaver/Greer
My name is Randle Reece, it should be Gabbard which is my fathers last name but for some strange reason I took my mothers maiden name which obviously was Reece. My father is Wiley Gabbard of Connersville, Indiana. My dad, Wiley, has 4 brothers and 2 sisters. There were a total of seven children. My dad's mother's name is Amanda Eva Gabbard (Weaver). Amanda married Alfred Gabbard. Amanda was born as Amanda Eva Weaver to her parents whose names are Henery and Nettie Weaver. Nettie's maiden name is Nettie Greer. Henery and Nettie not only had a daughter which was named Amanda Eva Weaver but they also had a son named Edmond Weaver. This is as far back as I can go currently. I don't know any of my grandpa Alfred Gabbard's, and I really want to learn all that I can about any and all of my family members/ancestors. If there is anyone out there who would know any of these people please contact me on here or you can email me at rreece911@hotmail.com

Re: I'm looking for info on the gabbard family

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 1:35AM GMT
Surnames: Gabbard Gabbert Gebard
Hello.
I just read you post.
Could you tell me the names of your father's siblings?
I am looking for Henry Gebard who may have been born by a different name. He was b in IN 1849 Dec. I have been searching for his family for many years. He had a brother John Adel or Adlaska Gebard b abt Oct 1856 in IL or IN. I believe that John was b a Gabbard with a sister Harriet??b in IN abt 1853 (this is conjecture) but he did have a full or half brother John or they were raised together.. They were possibley Orphaned or abandoned before 1860. I cannot find them in a census together. I cannot find Henry in 1850 and the census in Il I find an Adlaski (listed as a female) with a sister Harriet Gebhard in Jasper Co IL in 1860. I do not know if this is John or not. I have seen the gender mistake before. Henry was my gg grandfather. He was married in Shelby Co by a John Henry Link LM who was in Connorsvelle Fayette co IN in 1870.
There is a Gabbard link to the link family but not in IN.
He and Phebe Woods were married in the home of Martin Freeman in Shelby Co IN with a John Marker as witness along with and Abbie Bowles Henry and Phebe were married in 1875. They lived in Shelby co In till about 1870 then moved to Martinsville Morgan Co IN. till he died by lightning strike in 1885. His brother John was married to Anna Hallowell in 1876 in Douglas Co IL and there they lived till he was killed over payment for wood in 1890. His family went on to live with wife's family in IA.
It is the Fayette Co connection I am wondering about as I think that Rev Link who married him may be either a relative or close family friend. and since he was in Connersville maybe he knew a Gabbard family that took him in or adopted him..
I have many Gabbards in my tree and reseach them for you. I have been researching Gabbard and In Gabberts and Gebhards for many many yrs. Any more info you can give me I will be very greatfull
Thank you Aleta

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 10:32PM GMT
Surnames: Bowles, Gabbard, Gebard
Hello, Aleta,
I'd like your permission to forward your posting to the Bowles list, since an Abbie Bowles is mentioned in your note. You never know how a slender mention like this can lead to more fruitful information!
Yours with best wishes,
Linne Bowles Gravestock

Posted: 27 Apr 2012 11:33PM GMT
Thank you soo much.
my email is gkma145@gmail.com
I anxiously await.
I accually believe now that Henry was born a Hensley per recent DNA results. I found a Henry M Hensley b in IN Dec 1849 but then he is gone. some say died but no proof.
I also believe he was living with a Gebhard etc spellings who had a son John b in IL 1856. Have not found Henry in 1860 and did find a Adlaski (F) with with sister Harriet b 1851 in IN both orphaned. I believe that Adlaski listed as F is a mistake, I have seen this before..I also believe that Henry thought he was a Gebhard Gabbard. I do also believe that they changed the spelling of their name to GEBARD FOR SOME REASON. NOT KNOW.
Thank you so soso much.

Aleta
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions