Search for content in message boards

James William Smith, Wicomico, MD

James William Smith, Wicomico, MD

Posted: 25 Oct 2012 10:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith Jones Townsend
I am interested in the parents/siblings of James William or William James Smith, abt 1845-1926. He was married to Lydia Anne "Biddy" Jones 1850-1932, and lived as a farmer in Trappe, Wicomico County, MD. They had approx 8 kids, 4 girls and 4 boys: Emily L, William L, Mary A, Sarah Jane "Jennie," (Townsend,) Ella M, John W, Henry James, Charles Ervin. As you can imagine, it is difficult to trace Smith/Jones! Any info is appreciated.

Re: James William Smith, Wicomico, MD

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 11:28PM GMT
Hi,

Did you ever find your James William Smith? I am researching Smiths in Trappe, Wicomico, MD. I just went through the Smiths on the 1850 census in Trappe, and your family was not in that census. Have you found them in any other census?

There is only one Smith family in that census in 1850 in that area that is not mine: William Smith, 28; Hetty, 30, Elenora, 8; George, 6; Francis, 4;Louella, 8 months. I am trying to see how they connect to my family, but so far, no luck.

Joni

Re: James William Smith, Wicomico, MD

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 1:42AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Hi Joni,

No, I haven't found them.I have that census, too. There are so many Smiths in that area, and so far, JW doesn't seem to be any of them. His wife's name is Lydia Ann JONES,so that doesn't help at all! But let's keep in touch. Something's bound to come up!

Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions