Search for content in message boards

Lauchlin McDonald born about 1773 married Ann (Nancy) McMillan

Lauchlin McDonald born about 1773 married Ann (Nancy) McMillan

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 4:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jun 2014 11:55PM GMT
I am posting this information in case it might assist someone in their research

Children of Lauchlin McDonald and Ann (Nancy) McMillan:

John McDonald born June 13, 1807 married Christy Kennedy May , 1840 St Andrews West, the daughter of John Kennedy and Nancy McDonald (note re 2nd and 3rd consanguity)

Marie McDonald born August 7, 1809 and baptised at St Regis. Sponsors Alexander McMillan and Sally McMillan

Isabella McDonald married John McDonald June 2, 1840 at St Andrews West, the son of Duncan McDonald and Susanna McDonell (note re 3rd degree consanguity)

Donald Daniel McDonald was born October 1, 1811 and baptised December 8th at St Andrews. Sponsors were John McDonell and Christy McGruer. He married Catherine McDougald Feb 3 1845 St Andrews West, the daughter of John McDougald and Margaret McDonald

Duncan McDonald born September 14, 1815 baptised St Andrews West. Sponsors Hugh McDonell and Catherine McIntosh

Alexander McDonald born June 22 1822 baptised St Andrews West. Sponsors Donald McMillan and Jinny McDonell

William McDonald born October 22, 1826 baptised St Andrews West. Sponsors Angus Mcdonald and Anne McDonald.
---

Laughlin McDonald was sponsor at the baptism of Janet MacMillan, daughter of John MacMillan and Catherine MacMillan at St Andrews West December 8, 1811. (his son Daniel, above, baptised the same day)

Re: Lauchlin McDonald born about 1783 married Ann (Nancy) McMillan

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 11:43PM GMT
To add information to the above notes.......
Ann/Nancy McMillan, wife of Lauchlin McDonell/McDonald,
was a daughter of Donald McMillan UE of 20.5 SSR Cornwall Twp. and Catherine McDonell.

Anne Neuman UE

Posted: 6 Mar 2013 1:32AM GMT
Also, in the parish register St Andrews West:
Burial:"The nineteenth day of October, one thousand eight hundred and thirty six, by me the undersigned Parish Priest, was interred in the cemetery of this parish, the body of Jane McDonald, deceased yesterday, aged ninety years; were present Angus McDonald, Lauchlin McDonald, James McDonald. Priest George A Hay.

Posted: 5 Feb 2014 2:49PM GMT
Hello Anne,
Thank you so much for this post!!!
At the time I posted this message, I was not sure that I descended from this family but have found that Lauchlin and Nancy McMillan are my gggrandparents!!!
My line:
Angus McDonell UEL of Lot 14, 5th Concession, Cornwall
his son Lauchlin and Nancy McMullen/McMillan
their son Alexander L McDonell and Lucy Helen Casselman
their son George Walter MacDonald and Catherine Alzina DeRochie
their daughter Elizabeth (Lyda) MacDonald and Alfred Henry Kinnear
me Colleen Kinnear Newbold
I looked up Donald McMillan UEL and found some information!

Thanks again,
Colleen

Posted: 4 Mar 2014 5:01PM GMT
Hello Colleen:
Two sisters of Ann/Nancy McMillan married McMillan boys from Lochiel Twp, Glengarry.
I believe one of the baptism Lauchlin witnessed was a daughter of Catherine McMillan and John McMillan. Catherine would be a sister-in-law to Lauchlin McDonald.
Anne

Posted: 5 Mar 2014 2:04PM GMT
Thank You!
This answers a lot of questions for me
-Catherine McMillan m John McMillan; her sister Sarah also married a John McMillan.
I gather that this would be two different McMillan families from Lochiel.

Colleen

Posted: 5 Mar 2014 9:35PM GMT
Hi Colleen:
I do have a listing of Donald McMillan's family of Cornwall Township, Stormont.
I'll have to dig it our and send info to you.
Hannah (sometimes noted as Sushannah) was also a daughter of Donald McMillan UE and Catherine McDonell. She married Donald McMillan of 24.4 Lochiel, Glengarry.
Sushannah's and Donald's youngest son Angus married a sister of one of my gr grandfather's also a McMillan. John McMillan who married Catherine McMillan (Donald's and catherine's daughter) was a first cousin to this same gr grandfather of mine.
Anne

Posted: 20 May 2014 4:28PM GMT
Hi Colleen: I finally found my work. Children of Donald McMillan UE and Catherine McDonell lived 20.5 Cornwall Township, Stormont.
(1) Flora McMillan m Alexander Bui McDonell (McDonald)
(2) Sushannah McMillan m Donald McMillan (Cairbh) of 25.4 Lochiel
(3) Ann/Nancy McMillan m Lauchlin McDonell
(4) Sarah McMillan m John McMillan son of Hugh (Ewen) McMillan and Mary McMillan
(5) Alexander McMillan m Jennet McDonell
(6) Mary McMillan m Angus MacDonald
(7) Catherine McMillan m John McMillan son of Allan McMillan and Ann McMillan of 23.5 Lochiel
(8) Janet (Genny) m Archibald McDonell
(9) Donald McMillan m Ann McDonald
I know of another son Dougal(d) McMillan who married a McMillan girl whose father was Captain Donald McMillan during the War of 1812. I hope the above helps. Anne Neuman

Posted: 20 May 2014 5:16PM GMT
THANK YOU!
I did find a Land Petition which I think might fit here:
Digitized Microform NAC c-2193 p 77,78,79. Petition #20 1798 Cornwall for a "Kitty" McMillan married to Donald McMillan who says she is a daughter of Alexander McDonell a Loyalist of Cornwall. Note from Neil McLean J.P. : "Catharine McDonell is the dau of Alexander McDonell a Loyalist who came to this counry in 1780".

I did find the Land Petition of Lauchlin McDonell son of Angus McDonell UEL

Colleen

Posted: 20 May 2014 9:06PM GMT
Glad to help Colleen. Just a note one is a UE or a Loyalist but we don't use the form UEL.
I am UE four times on my Dad's side. They are folks that came through in the Niagara area.
UE stands for Unity of Empire.
Anne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions