Search for content in message boards

Assistance pls.

Assistance pls.

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 2:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roberts, Mahoney, Clancy
Hi, I live in Alberta so visiting the Heritage room is not an option. I am looking for someone who can track down some info for my great grandfather and his parents. I have checked every site I can think of but the documents I need would be in the 1800-1880 range (particularly 1850-1860's) If you could spare some time it would be greatly appreciated. Please answer directly and I will arrange to send everything I have on the family.
Thanks again,
Tracy Roberts Hawkins

Re: Assistance pls.

Posted: 12 Mar 2014 1:02PM GMT
Hi Tracy.
Just a thought -Perhaps posting the names of the person/s you are researching would be helpful - at least may give you a start.
There may be family members or others also researching the family -or may have seen some information to pass on to you, that could save you some time. and effort.
Persons at the message boards are very helpful - where possible -
Names - time frame - location - and what research sources you have already tried - would be helpful
Cheers, Stella

Posted: 15 Mar 2014 3:26AM GMT
I didn't post all the names because I have a lot of info that isn't documented or proven. I have also had to draw suppositions from family stories so I am reluctant to bias anyone doing research.

That being said my road block is Andrew Roberts b 9 Aug 1853(location uncertain) s/o Thomas Roberts and Julia ? (possibly Crowley, Sullivan or Mahoney). His Aunt Ellen Mahoney (Belden's Atlas) took over the raising of Andrew and his two younger brothers 4 days after the birth of his youngest brother. I have not found a record that might indicate what actually happened to his mother and father. The boys can be found on the Kent county census 1861(Gore) living with the Mahoney family (Aunt Ellen, Grandmother Julia Sullivan Mahoney, Uncle Michael Mahoney) I can not find any definitive info about Andrew's parents, Andrew's marriage to Sarah Ann Clancy, the birth of their first two children of nine. Andrew moves his family to RR#3 Sombra, Lambton County sometime after the 1891 census. He died there in 1937.

Posted: 15 Mar 2014 5:07AM GMT
On Andrew's death registration his parents are given as Thomas Roberts and Julia Crowley, both born Ireland. Informant was son William of Sombra Ont.

1871 census Camden Bothwell
Andrew 16, Thomas 14 and Joseph 12 are still living with Julia 72, Michael 29 and Ellen 25.

1881, they are still altogether in Camden.

I don't see any marriage registrations on Ancestry.ca which would list their parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic