Search for content in message boards

Lookups

Posted: 1 May 2013 1:55AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 1 May 2013 1:58AM GMT
I have attached a list of some reference books that I have so if anyone would like a look up let me know.

Tal

Attachments:
Posted: 1 May 2013 7:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
An impressive list Brother!

Now that your back...I'll have to email you about if they're is any reference to Donald, my ggg Great Grandfather Capt. Neil Ban M(a)cDonald's Father, in reference to Lancaster 7, lot 14.
Posted: 1 May 2013 8:36PM GMT
Alan,

No mention of Donald or Neil Ban in Petitions & Land Grants but there is in Father John's Brevity and I assume you have the following:

MacDonald, Niel ban 18-Dec-1839, Lancaster-7, Lot 14 "...from Niel ban McDhoil ic____? Jen Lan 7c N14 pro of 1838 for '39 by his son Archibald, k4 bu wheat, 2 1/2 bu peas, 6 bu oats."[This appears to be another Niel ban or Father was repeating his contibution from last winter?]

MacDonald, Niel Ban 02-Jul-1840, Lancaster-7, Lot 14, "mac Dhoil ic Jen [4], 7 oats, 5 wheat, 2 1/2 peas, some oats to come yet." [4] son of Donald, of John

MacDonald, Niel Ban - same date and contribution as above - mac Dhoil ic Join [1] Lan 7, N14 for dues of 1837." Said Oats were brought here before winter.
[1] Neil, son of Donald, son of Hugh, son of John

Tal
Posted: 1 May 2013 9:11PM GMT
Yes I beleive you gave me that last year or so, I take it was contributions/donations for the Church, in lieu of monies? And McDhoil was short or gaelic for Macdonald?
Posted: 1 May 2013 9:21PM GMT
Do the entries change when they mention the lineage?...
Neil, son of Donald, son of Hugh, son of John
or should be Neil, son of John, and should be son of Angus...hmmmm
Posted: 3 May 2013 1:37AM GMT
My great grandmother was Margaret McDonald b. 22 Feb. 1842 in Alexandria, Glengarry. Her parents are Angus McDonald and Catherine McDougal. This U.S. cousin has become very confused and can't seem to straighten out which are her relatives. Can you help? They seemed to belong to St. Finnan RC church.

Angus, Catherine McDonald and Flora McDougal are buried in the Riverside Cemetery in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Thank You for any help.

Dotty
Posted: 3 May 2013 1:50AM GMT
Dotty,

Margaret MacDonald is recorded in St. Finnan's Parish records being baptized 25 Feb 1842 child of Angus MacDonald and Catherine MacDougald of 1st of Kenyon aged 2 days. Sponsors Archibald and Mary MacDonald.

Also Even (Eoin) MacDonald baptized 07 Feb 1844 1st Kenyon age 3 days. Sponsors Angus and Catherine MacDonald

Tal
Posted: 3 May 2013 1:53AM GMT
My Angus C. 1812 was supposed to be the son of Angus and his wife Mary.

Angus' wife was Catherine McDougal. They had Margaret, Ewen, Elizabeth and Mary while in Alexandria. Later they had James and another Mary in NY before settling in Kalamazoo, MI in 1860.

Are the names Ewen and Hugh the same?

U. S. cousin
Posted: 3 May 2013 1:57AM GMT
Dotty,

Also from St. Finnan's:

Angus MacDonald son of Angus MacDonald and Mary MacLellan of 1st of Kenyon married Catherine MacDougald 20 Oct 1840 daughter of Angus MacDougald and of Flory MacDonald in the same conc of Kenyon, dispensation granted of consanguinity second degree, from the Bishop's letter, "that he should be married to the person, however he shall first come together with the bride to public service, and ask publicly, pardon of God and the congregation for the scandal committed." John MacDonald PP.

Tal
Posted: 3 May 2013 2:02AM GMT
Thank You, Tal.

Is there a marriage record for Angus McDonald and Catherine McDougald?

Could Archibald and Mary be Angus'parents?

I think Catherine's mother was Flora (Flory or Florence) McDougald according to the tombstone in Kalamazoo.

Dotty
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions