Search for content in message boards

STRODE

STRODE

Andrew L. Hogue (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

Anyone who has an ancestor that served in Company K, Fifth Kentucky Cavalry that headquartered in Columbia, Kentucky; I have a roster. Please contact me.

Re: STRODE

Pansy Page Allison (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Are you the son of Dianne Strode Hogue who has relatives in Monroe County? I bought one of her books THE STRODE GENEALOGY 1700's to 1990. A person in CA wants to buy a copy of this book. Is it still available, and what is the cost?Send me the info and I will contact her. Pansy Page Allison

Posted: 25 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

I am related to the Pages, Pickerells, Hagans, Rasners and many others in Monroe County, KY. Many of these people served in Co. K 5th KY Cavalry. I am interested in your roster. Thanks, Pansy

Posted: 29 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Thanks for the compliments! I will relay the information about the Strode and related families of Monroe County, KY.Are you a student at Berea? I visited there once when one of my high school friends attended college there. I was a student at Western KY at that time. Seems a million years ago!!!Sincerely, Pansy Allison

Andrew L. Hogue (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi Pansy!

I've heard lots about you and I've read your incredible volume, "We're Akin to Them." Yes, I am Dianne Strode Hogue's son and yes books are still available. Send $20.00 to 516 E. Walnut St., Scottsville, KY 42164 c/o Dianne Strode Hogue and she will send whomever one. Thank you, Ms. Allison for your incredible work in Monroe County Genealogy.
I will send you a photcopy of the original roster.

Andrew L. Hogueew L. Hogue

Posted: 7 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Ruth Brown Hale and I graduated from Tompkinsville High School in 1947 and I also know her sister! I saw Ruth at our 1947-1997 class reunion last year. She and her sister wrote a very detailed genealogy on the Bethel Brown family in THE HISTORY OF MONROE COUNTY (KY) 1820-1988.Are you familiar with this book? The article also has photographs. It states that Flora's great, great grandfather was William Strode, Sr. who just happens to be one of my ancestors. His daughter, Sarah (Sally) Strode,m. Fendall Hagan, my gggrandfather. I have some information on the Strode family, but I do not know where Flora "fits in". I can copy the article for you if you like. Pansy Page Allison

Posted: 7 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 10:52PM GMT

My G-Uncle Bethel Brown b. 1890 in Little Sulphur Creek in Monroe Co married a Flora Martha Strode also of the same location. Is this perhaps any relation? Bethel still has two daughters living in Tompkinsville, Mrs. Eva Thompson and Mrs. Ruth Hale

Posted: 10 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 10:52PM GMT

No I have never even been to Monroe Co. My father was James Barnes born in Tompkinsville in 1909 and my Grandfather was James A Barnes who married Ruth's G-Aunt Perlina "Lina" Brown. I paid Dayton Birdwell to research my family geneaology and he sent me a clipping that Ruth and Eva put in the paper which mentions that Flora Martha (Strose) Brown was the daughter of Charles Thomas "Tom" and Vessie Ellen (McMillan) Strode, who came from N.C. Her GGGrandparents are William Strode Sr. born in England. I am of course quoting the article. It mentions several other ancestores both paternal and maternal. Mr. Birdwell could only trace my lineage to Thomas N Barnes b-1844 m- Mary Jane Hollingsworth both of Monroe Co but no further and I have been trying to find out more for the past year but not a trace. By anr chance is ther any Barnes information inthis book?

Strode Book

Diane Acord (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Strode

Iam also Diane Strode Acord. Please tell me how I could obtain a copy of your book. Thanks. I'd love to hear from you!

Posted: 10 May 2005 1:01AM GMT
I was wondering if anyone had info on William and Eliza Jane Strode from Monroe Co, He was born Oct.1821 and she on Sept.7, 1830. They are my ggggrandparents by their son William. They also had a daughter Lydia and a son James K.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic