Search for content in message boards

Looking for Tabatha Atkins

Looking for Tabatha Atkins

Posted: 10 Jan 2004 9:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for anybody related to Tabatha Atkins from West Feliciana Parish, Louisiana. Please email me and compare notes.

Thanks.

Re: Looking for Tabatha Atkins

Posted: 30 Jan 2005 11:13PM GMT
I am distantly related to Tabitha's daughter Elizabeth, who married first in 1802 to John Dortch, and secondly to William Harrison.

c. leary (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2005 12:04AM GMT
Hello, Hello
It is a pleasure to hear from you!! Gosh, I have several questions to ask you.....

1) Are you aware of exact location of the plantation in W. Felicana? What was it called? Was it a very wealthy plantation?

2) Who took over ownership of the plantation when Adville died? Was the plantation ultimately raised and gutted during the Civil War?

3) What are the names of all his 8 children? Do you have any pictures of the family you could email?

4) Are you aware of any surnames changes between Adkins/Atkins/Otkins?

5) Do you have any information on his sons and if they had fathered children with their slaves?

6) Do you know what became of the slaves on the plantation? (ie. where did they go after the civil war?

I know this is a lot and I am so very happy you wrote to me. It has been a long time since I have heard from anybody concering this family line. I am actually doing 3 family trees if you can believe. I feel like I am one more step closer to all the answers with this one! :)
ssshhush@aol.com

Jim Perrin (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2005 2:53PM GMT
Surnames: Atkins
I have some information on Adville and Tabitha Atkins, including the sames of some of their slaves. I do not have time to retype all this information from the probate files, but if you would like to call me we can discuss this. (985) 386-4476.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 2:43AM GMT
Hello,

I am looking for information on John Atkins b. 1819,in West Feliciana Parish

As far as we know, John Atkins' father was a slave merchant from Ireland. The story that has been passed down through the family, is that his father brought slaves from the Caribbean to America; John's mother was one of these slave women. John later married Easther/Ester

Let me know of about you Atkins family. Where did your Atkins migrate from?
Do you have a John Atkins your list?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions