Search for content in message boards

William Larson, Covington, Baraga, MI

William Larson, Covington, Baraga, MI

Posted: 19 Jun 2012 4:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Trying to find the death record for William Larson. He is listed in the 1900 census living in Covington Township, Baraga. He was born Nov 1861 in Sweden and was widowed in 1896. He moved to Covington from Muskegon, MI after his wife died. He owned a farm in Covington, Farm Schedule No: 19.

Family story is that he died of typhoid while snowbound over the Christmas holidays when his young daughter (my grandmother) was visiting. This would have been before 1910 and after the census was taken in June 1900.

But I can find no record of his death to confirm the story. He seems to have just disappeared!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Karen

Re: William Larson, Covington, Baraga, MI

Posted: 17 Dec 2012 12:51PM GMT
I’m not related to any member of this family.

You can order the death cert. directly from the Baraga county clerks office. Cem. location will be listed as well as parents name & birthplaces.

TRY - Find a grave – FREE SITE - volunteer site all states; frequently has headstone pic

DO NOT SEARCH FOR A MARRIED WOMAN USING HER MAIDEN NAME.

http://www.worldvitalrecords.com/

Try Vital Records – Birth, Marriage, & Death, Social Security Info., Census Records – FREE ALL STATES
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 2:25AM GMT
I too searched at seeking Michigan and did not find him. There was a William A. Larson, age 41 who died in Muskegon County in 1903, but it said he was born in Illinois, and the newspaper accounts confirmed that he had just moved there from Illinois, so it is not your William.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 3:03PM GMT
I actually found him. His name was misspelled in the transcription. It was listed as William Lasson. He died in a hospital in Marquette. They did not have his correct birth date. It appears he died alone.

Posted: 6 Apr 2013 8:24PM GMT
It's too bad you can't do a soundex search on that site, but I'm glad you found him. It is also nice to have the family story confirmed about his illness.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic