Search for content in message boards

McCullock/McCullough

McCullock/McCullough

Posted: 16 Dec 2000 8:11PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 10:26AM GMT
My grandfather was William Eugene McCullock b 2 may 1899 in Person County, NC. Due to whatever reason, his brother changed his name to Arch McCullough and he married his first cousin, Sally Bet McCullough. W.E. McCullock and Sally McCullough were 1st cousins. I know that Person County, NC is full of McCullock/McCullough but I cannot link them due to the way they spell their last names. Any info on the Person County, NC family would be appreciated. W.E. McCullock died in Burlington, NC 31 Oct 1993.

Arch and Sally McCullock/McCullough

Perry McCullough (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 9:38AM GMT
Dan,
My grandfather (John McCullock) and Sally were brother/sister. My father (Larry McCullough) still lives on the family land. So, I know a little about the people you are looking for. Arch and Sally had several kids, but only one lived, Thomas. He still lives in their house. And the name is confusing. I still don't understand why they changed the spelling, but they are the same family and they are from Hurdle Mills, NC in Person County/Orange County. Most of the family is buried at either Wheeler's Church in Hurdle Mills (Person County) or Cedar Grove Churh in Cedar Grove (Orange County). Arch and Sally lived in Orange County, not far from the rest of the family. Sally's father is buried at Cedar Grove church. Anyway, I'm not sure what all you wanted to know, but I will help if I can. I just thought I would try to learn a little about where the McCullock/McCullough family came from and came across this message. Let me know if you need more info.

Arch Sally McCullough

Posted: 10 Mar 2001 5:38AM GMT
I would like to complete my genealogy section with as much info as you have. I am the grandson to Arch McCullough's brother, W. E. (Gene) McCullock. Contact by my e-mail address: dan_albright@netzero.net

McCullough

Posted: 11 Mar 2001 5:55PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 4:56PM GMT
Hi Dan;
My Great grandmother was called Sarah McCullough Her husband was called John They had a daughter my grandmother Sarah Born 1843 in Killbroney Down Ireland she married John Stephenson-Jellie who was a Dr of science and mathmatics and army Tutor.I do not know if Sarah had any brothers or sisters so if anyone has information I would be please to have.
Diane (UK)
Posted: 12 Mar 2001 3:14AM GMT
I have not found my McCullough lineage far enough up to determine if we connect. So I can't help you at this time. If you will reply to Perry McCullough, he may be able to help as he is much farther along in his research on the same line as I.
Dan

McCullough's

Dixie McCullough (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2001 6:36PM GMT
Hi Diane,
I am researching my husband's family of McCullough's so that we can try and connect with some living relatives when we travel to Scotland/Ireland next year for our 25th wedding anniversary. They apparently came from either Scotland or Ireland to Pennsylvania. From PA they went to VA and then SC. The last of our direct line are now in GA. I don't know that we would have any information to exchange, but I thought I would say hi.

Dixie

McCullough family

Posted: 21 Apr 2001 10:40AM GMT
Edited: 21 Jan 2002 4:56PM GMT
Hello Dixie,
Sorry missed your message can you email dianecolesj@hotmail.com
Regards diane

Re: McCullough's

Sandy McCullough Lindsey (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2002 2:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
My McCullough ancestors are from the Carolinas.
Any information you may have would be appreciated.

Re: McCullough's

giaquinto (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2002 8:40PM GMT
Mary McCullough Married John Donovan John JOHN HAD FIVE SISTERS,aNNMoleyMARGARET Married Bernard Curley,Elizabeth married a Kennedy a(druggist) Mary Ellen married a Smith lived in Phila.Kitty marriedNickerson also lived in Phila.Mary had five brothers atwin John a catholic priest Francis,Patick.Michael andCharles one sister Cass.Al originally from St Clair,Pa. Any info appreciated.

Re: Arch Sally McCullough

Perry McCullough (View posts)
Posted: 9 Oct 2002 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: McCullough or McCullock or McCullouch
Dan, I was planning on getting you the info. I could find on Sally and Arch, but I still haven't taken the time to do it. I will one day. Anyway, I was doing a search several months back online and found out that the Cedar Grove Church in Orange County, NC where Sally's parents are buried, had records online of the people buried there. I've been to the church cemetery several times for funerals, but I never looked real close at any of the headstones. Anyway, the online records shows Sally's father, Frank, as beign spelled "Frank McCullouch". Just another twist on the name. The next time I go by the cemetery, I am going to write down names and dates. It may be soon, or it may months from now. As you can see, it's probably going to be months. But, when I do, I'll let you know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic