Search for content in message boards

Baltrus and Mary Kerchowski (KAREAUSKAS) - originally from Lithuania

Baltrus and Mary Kerchowski (KAREAUSKAS) - originally from Lithuania

Posted: 31 Mar 2007 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kerchowski, Kareauskas
I am looking for any and all information on Baltrus and Mary Kerchowski (Kareauskas). They were my husbands grandparents. They lived in Springfield ILLINOIS. But i believe they came from chicago, Illinois.

Re: KAREAUSKAS

Posted: 1 Apr 2007 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Karczauskas
One of this family, Baltramey Karczauskas was born in 1889 y. in village Cikabude, Lithuania. Father Matauszas. Arrived to N.Y. on 10 Nov.1907.

Posted: 2 Apr 2007 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Kerchowski (Kareauskas)
I have hit a brick wall, Can you tell me where you got your information and could you share Yours...Thank You.. Lorna Kerchowski

Posted: 2 Apr 2007 1:56AM GMT
Surnames: Karcauskas
i may have gotten the last name spelled wrong, it may be Karcauskas, sorry but i have gotten a reg. form for a baltrus Karecauskas from springfield il and it may be his. any information would really help, thank you Lorna.

Posted: 3 Apr 2007 7:51PM GMT
Surnames: Kareauskas, Karčauskas, Karčiauskas, Karchauskas, Karczowski, Karczawski
Believe me, there are no surname Kareauskas at all in Lithuania. The closest version is Karčauskas or Karčiauskas, where a letter c has an accent mark "v" on the top, which gives a sound ch (Karchauskas). Lithuanians and Poles spelled cz instead of one letter č a century ago, so spelling Karczauskas is the same as Karčauskas or Karchauskas. Often names and surnames were russificated or polonized, so spelling Baltramey Karczowski/ Karczawski was possible in official documents.

Re: Baltrus Karcauskas

Posted: 3 Apr 2007 10:20PM GMT
Surnames: Karcauskas
Thank You. I found Baltrus draft papers he had filled them out his name is Baltrus Karcauskas

Posted: 10 Apr 2013 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Karciauskas
Hello,

My name is Sigis Karciauskas, my father was born in Cikabude's village, and I believe you are searching for any karciauskas ancestors and I think you have found them. We are Mato Karciausko great-grandchildren. My number is: 00370867636232, I dont speak english so it would be quite difficult to speak to you but there are a few people I know that speak it. It would be nice if we stay in touch, you can email me or ring me at any time.

Waiting for your reply
per page

Find a board about a specific topic