Search for content in message boards

Daniel / Donald Prentice / Prentiss

Daniel / Donald Prentice / Prentiss

Posted: 1 Jun 2013 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jun 2013 8:53PM GMT
Surnames: Prentice Prentiss Hamilton Clark
Looking for info on Daniel Prentice alt name Donald Prentiss
the later name is the one appearing on McNiff's List of land holders 1786 , in which he is on Lot 22 2nd Con South of River Aux Raisin . Most other records have him as Daniel Prentice , married to Mary Hamilton [she may be the daughter of a Mr G. Hamilton who gave info regarding Daniel's brother Richard Prentice requesting UEL status] . Mary Hamilton and Daniel Prentice daughter Mary Prentice married John Clark [ he was the son of James Clark who in 1807 transfered title of west half of Lot 16 Con 1 Front of Charlottenburg to said John his son] .

Re: Daniel / Donald Prentice / Prentiss

Posted: 1 Jun 2013 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: Prentice Clark Gallinger Warner
Mary Prentice and John Clark were parents of David Ellis Clark who married Catherine Gallinger [daughter of George Gallinger and grandaughter of Michael Gallinger Sr both KRRNY ][this Catherine Gallinger mother was Margaret Warner who was daughter of Michael Warner UEL ] .

Posted: 3 Jun 2013 11:27PM GMT
Hi Jay,
Well, here I am, in you family search again. Here is the Abstract for the W 1/2 of Lot 16 on the Front. It is where my ancestor, Peter Grant lived. This Peter is the Son of John Grant,UEL, grandson of Peter Grant, UEL.
Attachments:

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 11:40AM GMT
Surnames: Prentice Clark Grant Hamilton Gallinger McLennan
Hi Barb . Thanks for the attachment . We are still trying to prove that Duncan Grant [Elder in St Andrews Williamstown Church --- and buried there in 1836 ] is the son of the Peter Grant of Lot 10 1st Con Front . I was driving by this Lot 16 1st Con Front [your land abstract attachment] and my guesstimate is , that is just about where the Salem Church is located . My hope is that others who have the Prentice ,Clark , Grant ,Hamilton , Gallinger , McLennan connections will recheck their files to aid our search . These land abstracts are very helpful , but some caution needs to be taken as they are usually for the entire 200 acre Lot size but there may be several different owners of pieces of said Lot and these transfers get confusing .

Posted: 4 Jun 2013 1:34PM GMT
I'm not at home right now. I got a microfilm the other day of a document that states Duncan is the son of Peter. I'll have to post it later. There also is Sergeant Peter Grant nearby. He ISN't our Peter Grant according to the land records.

I have a picture (I posted it years ago on this forum) of the Grant house on Lot 16. The church is in the background. It was right next to the cemetery. The house was torn down some time ago, I understand. I'll also post the photo of the house again when I get home.

I agree that the Abstracts are confusing. My line of Grants are: Me, Thelma Jeanette Grant, James Wright Grant, James Wright Grant, John Grant, Peter Grant. The Abstract is definately my James Wright Grant. Grandpa talked about Summerstown, and, of course there is the photo.

I'll post more tonight.
Barb

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 12:38AM GMT
Surnames: Grant
The first picture of the house on the W 1/2 of lot 16 on the front belongs to my Aunt Beverly. It has come down in the family. On the back of the picture it states that the picture was taken from the cemetery. The second picture is of the church from the back yard of the house. It belongs to Roy Davis, another ancestor of Peter Grant.

Barb
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic