Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel Parker Gravesite

Nathaniel Parker Gravesite

Posted: 11 Sep 2009 5:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would anyone happen to know the exact burial location of Nathaniel Parker - Born 1730 Died 1803?

Re: Nathaniel Parker Gravesite

Posted: 20 Sep 2009 9:43PM GMT
According to the info that I have Nathaniel Parker was born in 1730 in Hampshire Co VA which is now a part of West Virginia. He signed his will in 25 Feb 1811 and I am guessing that he may have died that year. He is buried in Rogan Cemetery (Baskerville Cem) located a short distance east of Gallatin TN on Shilo Church Rd. I am told that there is not a stone there. Billy

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 12:17PM GMT
Thanks for the info! I think Hugh Rogan may be buried there as well? Not sure though.

Posted: 21 Sep 2009 7:57PM GMT
The info that I have says that Hugh Rogan is also buried in Rogan cem. There is no stone. Billy

Posted: 6 Feb 2011 10:04PM GMT
Hi Bill, just thinking we are perhaps seeing the same gravesite for Nathaniel Parker. I don't happen to know the name of the cemetery but was referred to it as the Galatin, Sumner Coungy Key Cemetery by a cousin who runs the library.
There is a huge marker for Nathaniel Parker and I believe it even has more than one wife's name and dates on it. Is this the same one? I know it is off of Highway 231 and a huge cemetery. My KEYS are buried there and lots of the folks there were from North Carolina. If i get the chance to visit the cemetery again, I will look for the Rogan grave and let you know.

Sincerely,
Patti Ann Rippy Hair

Posted: 24 Nov 2011 3:16AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2011 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Hello, all;

I'm a Nathaniel Parker, Sr. (ca 1730-18011) descendant through his youngest son, Robert A. Sr. Back in the late 70's when nearly nothing existed on paper about Nathaniel, I was the one who came up with an approximated birthdate, as I could find no bible records on his family back in Hampshire Co., VA (now WV).

In response to your query about Nathaniel's grave, the answer is unfortunately a 'no'. No one knows for sure where his gravesite is. Many have speculated that his grave is located where the Bledsoe Monument rests near the site of the Bledsoe Fort. Others speculate that he was buried in a family cemetery on the Parker family farms.

The site referred to by Patti is a memorial which honors a number of the original pioneers who settled and defended Sumner Countians in its earliest days (incl. the Bledsoe brothers, Gov. Wm. Hall, Jas. Winchester, etc). I'm thinking maybe it's the Bledsoe Monument the librarian may have been thinking about.

By the way, Nathaniel's death date was probably within the year of 1812, as his will was dated 25 Feb 1811 and the estate settled on 3 Apr 1812 by his sons.

Hope this helps,
Sherry Templeton Wilson

Posted: 24 Nov 2011 2:59PM GMT
Surnames: Parker, Nichols
Do you have any info connecting Nathaniel to Abraham PARKER? He m 29 Oct 1799 Halifax Co, VA to my 3gr grand-aunt, Phoebe NICHOLS. They went to TN (Macon Co, Wilson Co...that general area of TN)and had a family of 11 ch. I show Abraham's father as Francis PARKER, Sr., but have no info on him. Thanks for any help.

Resa Nichols Hennings

Posted: 6 Dec 2011 2:09AM GMT
Surnames: Hudson, Parker, Womack, Owen, and Nichols
Hello,
I am a Hudson researcher and not Parker. I think we have emailed at least one time before but it's been several years ago.
My connection to the Parker's is 1 Peter Hudson daughter Sarah married Edward Parker b. ca before 1720, married, ca before 1742 in Henrico,which became Lunenburg, became Halifax Co.VA

My Edward Parker lived on and near Black Walnut Creek area of Halifax Co. Va

So I am aware of the Nichols, Parker, and Hudson connection in this same area.

I have found another Parker researcher who is also looking into the connection of Edward, Francis and William Parker as a matter of DNA of her husband.

She has the Will of Francis Parker of Tenn. naming Abraham/ Pheobe Nichols, Francis Jr., Lucy, Tabitha husband ---Nash, Mary(Polly)/Thomas Nash, Archibald Parker / Betty Wilburn/ Womack Parker wife Elizabet Children (wondering about that spelling) and John Parker/Nancy Lovelady.

We believe Francis and his brother Wm Parker left about 1796 for Tenn.
I believe Edward Parker/Sarah Hudson son Edward Parker b. ca 1740's went to Rowen Co. North Carolina about 1796 also and died 1819 in Rowen Co. North Carolina. You can check out the Web site of Edward Parker of Rowen Co. VA.

Any information we can share or you could add would be most helpful.
Thanks!

Marge

Posted: 5 Apr 2012 4:55PM GMT
Surnames: Hudson, Parker and Nichols
Hello,
Did you find any connection of Abraham Parker.
Francis Parker sr. Will of 1807 is on Smith Co. Tenn Web site.
I have a file that was given to me by a Parker on Francis Parker and family in Smith Co. Tenn.

I also found where Edward Parker Sr. had land next to Francis Parker Sr, though a deed of John Nichols who died 1763 dec'd on Black Walnut Creek (Clover area of Halifax Co. ) This deed talks of David and Jeremiah Nichol's.
This John Nichols is not the John Nichols of 1774.
Would like to hear from you.
Thanks

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 4:51PM GMT
Do you have any information on Nathaniel Parker? I'm looking for information on who his wife was and his children. And who his parents were. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Are you using any kind of family tree program?

Thank-you
Gwen Bilbrey-Reynolds
per page

Find a board about a specific topic