Search for content in message boards

Greenwood Cemetery, Shreveport, LA

Greenwood Cemetery, Shreveport, LA

Sharon S (View posts)
Posted: 7 Sep 2002 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been working on a transcription for Greenwood Cemetery in Caddo Parish, Shreveport, LA. It is a long way from being finished but I add some names each week. I do have pictures for all the transcriptions listed even if they aren't all up there yet. I'm posting this so it might help some genealogists or family members doing research on their ancestors. Thanks to rootsweb I have the web space to start uploading the pictures I have. Here is the link:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~crossloch/GREENWOOD...

If you have any questions or need more information please put Greenwood or cemetery in the subject line of an email so I don't accidentally delete it. Thanks, Sharon S.

Re: Greenwood Cemetery, Shreveport, LA

Posted: 4 May 2003 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Oliver, Sproull
Thank you so much for your posting the headstone inscriptions for Greenwood Cemetery. Now I have the birth and death dates for my greatgrandparents and gggrandmother.
Cathy Sproull Tate

Sharon Spaulding (View posts)
Posted: 4 May 2003 5:01PM GMT
You're welcome. I'm not sure what names you were looking for but I just uploaded pictures of the Oliver and Sproull headstones. I believe the Tate headstones I have were already up there. This cemetery is far from finished but I have been too busy to get over there recently. I do have pictures of most of the tombstones that are listed on my site so far. I will be glad to put up whatever ones I have if someone requests them or send a copy of the original digital picture if someone wants. I have to trim the sides and cut down the resolution to put them on the website. I try to keep them readable but sometimes in order to do that I can't get the whole tombstone in the picture.

Posted: 4 May 2003 8:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 May 2003 10:09PM GMT
Salina Oliver was my gg grandmother. G.W. Sproull and Florence Oliver Sproull were my great grandparents. I am not sure about the Robert Oliver but believe he might have been a sone to Salina. I still need to do research and find out if he was or not. I want to thank you for what you have done in posting who is buried and posting pics. You are wonderful to do it. For those of us that can't get there and see for ourselves, it is a big thing. Thank you again for all that you have done.
Cathy

Posted: 26 Jun 2003 9:28PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2004 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: Grabener, Brown, Cox, Patterson, McFadden
Hi Sharon! I just found your partial listing of the Greenwood Cemetery on US Gen Web. I am interested in helping out. I have a huge chunk of family buried at the cemetery, and have been interested in surveying it, but it is an awesome task to take on by yourself. I surveyed the cemetery in Sarepta that is Webster Parish. Please email me back, even if you are not interested in the help. I found my Uncle John Brown on your existing page! You can email me at home at kelley_lambofgod@yahoo.com or at work at kgrabe@lsuhsc.edu. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions