Search for content in message boards

STALLINGS Family History

STALLINGS Family History

Posted: 26 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Aug 2004 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: STALLINGS
Working on my STALLINGS families from Edgecombe Co, NC and trying to see if there is a connections to the Stallings families of Paris, TX (Lamar Co).

My John LYNCH married Milly Stallings, Jan 1801 in Edgecombe Co, NC. Milly was the dau of Willis and Delilah Stallings. Other Stallings children were Thomas, Willis, Mills.

The Stallings moved to Smith Co, TN in 1805. If anyone has info on the Paris, TX, STALLINGS lineage, please contact me.
PS-I attended Texas A&M University with Coach Gene Stallings in 1954-57, but at that time did not know I had Stallings in my family history.

Stallings family history

Posted: 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2002 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: STALLINGS, STONE, MCFADDEN
I am trying to find out names of children of thomas STALLINGS. also any info on lewis jackson STALLINGS m to Lillie B. (Stone) STALLINGS. MCFADDENS' AND GRIFFITHS. These people were all connected in the lamar co. area.
Any info. would be appreciated.
Thanks Leann

Stallings

Posted: 5 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2001 4:02PM GMT
My grandfather, Edgar Wesley Stallings, was the first-born son of Lewis Stallings and Lillie Stone. I'd be happy to provide you information.

Edgar Wesley Stallings

Paula Hart Jacobs (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Hart, Stallings, Sanders
Hi, my grandfather is Edger Wesley Stallings. I don't know much about his family but I used to Visit him and Mamie in California in the 60's, I'm pretty sure his birth date is November 11, 1896 and he died in Russellville, Pope, Ark, in 1985. My grandmother was his first wife Minnie Lee Sanders and she met him in the early 20's while living with
Elizabeth (Lizzie) Erwin in Sumner, Texas. I have photos to share if you think we are cousins. Thanks....Paula

STALLINGS Family

Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2001 12:33AM GMT
Surnames: STALLINGS, ARMSTRONG, BOOTHE, BRANTLEY, SHAW
Paula,

Your Stallings family and mine originated in NC. We descend through Uriah and Dilcie BOOTHE STALLINGS family of Noxubee, Choctaw, Webster and Sunflower Counties MS.
A couple of Uriah's sons went into Ashley County AR from MS and then into Paris Lamar County TX. We need to exchange family info. Please email me direct. Thanks...Nancy

Stallings

Posted: 13 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Stallings to Wier, Stallings to Steger, Steger to Prichard, Steger to Witt, Steger to Wolfgang, Wolfgang to Painter, Wolfgang to Loy, Painter to Mundell, Loy to Morro, Loy to Sivley, Loy to Gant
Searching for great grandfather's parents and family lineage

No information on great grandfather, J. Noah, other than he was from MS or AL-- moved west to TX; where he married Dixie Wier(Weir) d/o of Thomas Andrew Wier and Margaret Ann Davis Wier (from Pickens County AL) .

J. Noah homesteaded with the Wier families to OK and then NM territory. Had small business in Dexter NM about 1910--and proved homestead by 1911. Worked at Restuarant and Meat market in Roswell,l Chaves County, NM (17 mi north Dexter, NM) Moved to Austin, Travis Co, TX during depression years. J. Noah was taken to "vanilla" and worked as a town peace keeper in Texas where he was killed and buried. [from Mrs. J. N. Stallings about 1960, to her namesake granddaughter, Dixie Wolfgang-Loy] Noah or Dixie's birth, marriage or death records unfound at this point.

Records on Stallings family scattered. My grandmother, Ruby Stallings b. 1905-OK d. 1984-NM, did not recall many things about Stallings families. Her grandmother's first name may have been Dessi (?) Her sister, Jewel b. 1910-NM d. 1962-AZ, and her family lived in AZ. Jewel's first marriage was to ? LEE, one child Delbert Lee b. 1924? d. 1929 buried at Hagerman Cemetery, Chaves Co, NM in Wier Family Plot. Ruby's first husband R.L. Steger and she divorced 1942. Ruby married James Euell (Euell) Prichard March 1943 in Roswell, Chaves Co., NM

J. Noah had one brother , for sure, that went westward about the same time he did. His name was Joseph Stallings. Joseph married Josie? about 1887 in TX/OK. Joseph and Josie moved to Denver, Co area around 1911. Celebrated 50th wedding anniversary about 1937...

Anyone having leads or tie ins to this family, we would be grateful for some type of lead to get us started on J. Noah's family. Have lots of information on WIER and STEGER families.

Re: STALLINGS Family

Posted: 31 Dec 2001 1:01PM GMT
looking for info on delilah rhodes of nc , married to stephen williams of granville,nc ca,1700. i can be contacted at trbinnc@aol.com

Re: Stallings

Stella Pate (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2002 2:34PM GMT
I am serching for Jube Stallings don't know middle name. do you think the J. in your Stallings Name could Be him?

Re: Stallings

Posted: 19 Aug 2002 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2003 9:37PM GMT
Thanks for the inquery about J. "Jube" Stallings.

I am certain that the male Stallings I am looking to locate is James Noah (J.N.) Stallings. He lived in Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and went back to Texas. His family was from the Mobile Alabama area pre civil war.

He was called Noah by my great grandmother, his wife. I only learned of his given first name this last month.
He died in December 1934 in Travis County, Texas. He was working in the area for the railroad company and his wife lived in southeastern New Mexico. He is buried in Texas.

Again, thanks for the inquery-but I am reasonably sure that we are not researching the same person. It could be the same family if the other data clicks with yours.

One brother, John Stallings married Josephine ? in the 1880's and they moved to Pueblo Colorado. Recall correspondence from Aunt Josie and Uncle John from Colorado in the early 1950's.

Perhaps I have been looking in the wrong direction and should look to ancestors of Uncle John and Aunt Josie...

Best wishes in your search. If any of this sounds familiar please feel free to correspond with us at
The Loys "Kizzin Cowzins" - P O Box 1422, Roswell, NM 88202
or by e-mail ldloy@cableone.net

Re: Stallings family history

Stella Pate (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2002 4:01PM GMT
I have a Thomas Frank Stallings born 2-14-1871 if that might help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions