Search for content in message boards

McFerren in Hoopeston

McFerren in Hoopeston

Posted: 2 May 2006 6:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McFerren
Hi all,
We just bought the McFerren building in Hoopeston and are looking for any information on it. We'd like to restore it and would appreciate any links to photos/postcards that have it (it's at the corner of Main and Market). Also, any information on Mr McFerren and the building history would be much appreciated. We haven't gone through the old building yet but it looks like there are some interesting papers and files upstairs! Will keep you posted.

Re: McFerren in Hoopeston

Jean (View posts)
Posted: 3 May 2006 2:26AM GMT
We just had a long discussion about the building this evening. I will forward any info that you want privately. I have too much info to post on this site. I'm so glad to know that you want to restore the building. Hopefully we can assist you with information.

Betty Nelson (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2006 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: McFerren
Is the McFerren Building at Main and Market in Hoopeston, Illinois, the five-story building that was known as the Willdon? If so, I have some info about it.

Posted: 21 May 2006 6:03AM GMT
This is the corner building that used to house the Corner Dress Shop and Merritt-Stine Insurance. I am compiling information on the Willdon building and would appreciate any info that you might have on it.

K Hoth (View posts)
Posted: 22 May 2006 12:44AM GMT
It is the building at Main and Market, but it's next to the Willdon.

Devin (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2006 8:50PM GMT
I would be most interested to hear about your project! My grandmother was Marjorie McFerren Kaufmann, and she grew up in Hoopston.

Gus Kaufmann (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2006 11:21PM GMT
My mother was Marjorie McFerren and her patents were William and Marjorie McFerren of Hoopston. My uncle, Bill Jr is deceased but my aunt, Patricia McFerren is still living. If you would like to povide a phone number, I will contact her to see what info she could provide. She does not have email.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic