Search for content in message boards

Pickis/Piickes etc.

Pickis/Piickes etc.

Posted: 4 Aug 2003 4:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Pickis, Pickes, Pickess, Pickiss, Perkiss
Hello,
I would like to hear from anyone who is searching for the name Pickis/Pickes etc. in London, especially in the 19th century. Some places: Stepney, Spitalfields, Mile End.

Thanks,
A. O'Brien,
Australia

Re: Pickis/Piickes etc.

Posted: 7 Jan 2004 5:27PM GMT
Have done much research into the Pickess Name - name has changed little except have found in some cases the Spelling became Pickiss - Pickis

Posted: 11 Nov 2006 11:06PM GMT
Surnames: Pickess
I've recently started doing research into the Pickess name and would very much appreciate any information that could help me get a connection with the Pickess family name. I have a Tree in GenesReunited that has got me as far back as Samuel Pickess abt1816
Kind Regards, Alan
alanpickess@hotmail.co.uk
www.pickess.co.uk

Posted: 21 Mar 2007 11:28AM GMT
I have some Pickess family in the Bromley are in the late 1800's early 1900's. My grandmothers sister Emily Winter married Abraham Pickess. Could this be the same family?

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 3:49AM GMT
Hi,
Thanks for your relpy.
The name Abraham Pickess is not familiar to me, but I will keep your message in case his name does come up later in my search.
Regards,
Aillin

Posted: 23 Mar 2007 3:49AM GMT
Hi,
Thanks for your relpy.
The name Abraham Pickess is not familiar to me, but I will keep your message in case his name does come up later in my search.
Regards,
Aillin

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 11:41AM GMT
Hi,
My grandmother was Alice Pickess, she was born in London's East End in 1916 to Florence Pickess (father unknown), and later married Ernest Wright in West Ham in 1916. Her eldest son (my uncle) was born out of marriage and still carries the Pickess name and still lives in the East End. Alice lived through the blitz in Bethnal Green, after the war the family were moved to a newly constructed housing estate near Romford on the outskirts of East London.
The Pickess's came originally from Suffolk and seem to have moved down to London between the 1890's and 1910's.
Hope this adds something to your research.

Posted: 1 Nov 2007 3:43AM GMT
Thanks,
I will let you know if I find any of these names in my research.

Posted: 18 May 2008 11:29AM GMT
I have an Edith Brooks that MAY be married to a Robert Pickis in 4th quarter 1927/
Any connection?
Judy Denning

Re: Pickis/Pickes etc.

Posted: 23 May 2008 4:10AM GMT
Surnames: Pickis
Hi Judy,
Thanks for your message.
I'm sorry I'm not really sure if that Robert PICKIS is a connection of my family. I don't know much about the English family after the 1901 census. My PICKIS ancestor left England in the 1850s.
However, there are very few PICKIS, and given that his name is Robert I imagine he is probably a connection of my PICKIS family.
Sorry I can't help with your particular query.
Good luck wih your reseach.

Regards,
Aillin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic