1912 dau. of David and America (BAILEY) all in Clay Co. Would
like info on the parents of Polly GRAY,Claeborn SMITH, Ellen
ROARK, America BAILEY and David FOISTER. Will be happy to
share all HENSON family informmtion I have. Thank you

Re: HENSON, SMITH, FOISTER, BAILEY

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

I'm not sure if this is the same Claiborne with a different spelling or not. In the book, TOUCHING THE PAST by Jerry Gregory, p. 2, Claiborne SMITH, lived in Marshall County, Ala. in 1850; his brother Redin SMITH, b. 1782, d. Jul 1863, Clay Co., son of Robert SMITH and Elizabeth LEE. On page 1, Robert SMITH (a veteran of Rev. War) b, 4-1-1751, Johnston Co., NC, mar. 1799, Elizabeth LEE, d/o Capt. Thomas LEE and Mary BRYAN. Robert d. 1-3-1838, Hawkins Co., TN. Nine children were listed, but there may have been fourteen children in all, many died young. Redin SMITH moved to Clay Co., KY, in 1848. Three Roarks are mentioned in the book: Ella Mae, b. abt 1894, m. Harvey Gregory; Jane m. Anderson Philpot, Clay Co.; and Joseph, b. abt 1898, m. Sallie Hibbard.

HENSON,HOLLINGSWORTH,REED,JACOBS

Jerrimarie Henson (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 1998 12:00PM GMT

Am looking for the parents of James Henson. He was

born around 1808 in Clay Co., Ky., He married the

Charity Hollingsworth, daughter of William Hollingsworth,

and Rhoda Reed. His parents were from NC, in Asheville

County. Believe his fathers name was William Henson,

and his mother was Ann Jacobs, believe William's father

was Paul Henson, and Paul's father was ole' Paul Henson.

Can't remember Ole' Paul Hensons wifes name at the

moment. This is my line, James and Charity moved to

Missouri, and settled in Gasconade County, Mo., His

brother Larkin married Charity Hollingsworth sister, in Indiana. Would appreciate help with these people. They

also were related to the Hubbard,Smiiths,and with the

Sheltons, and Shoemakers of Ky.

Pat Wadle (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT

I would be very interested in getting a copy of TOUCHING THE PAST. My grandfather was Joseph ROARK and my grandmother Sally Ann HIBBARD.
Although James HENSON is not my direct line, I believe him to be a brother to my Thomas HENSON s/o Paul HENSON and Margaret SMITH.
I, too, have been told that William HENSON is my direct line.There is some question about my Paul being the s/o William, however. When the affidavit for WM's Rev. War Pension was written, the son giving the affidavit states that all his older brothers and sisters are dead. If he is correct about his own birth date, it is not possible for my Paul to be his older brother, as he was still living at that time.
Vicki and I have corresponded many times.
Will be happy to give you my line.

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT

Pat: I'm not sure I answered your request for information on Jerry Gregory's book, "Touching the Past." It was published for Wilderness Road Advertising by Janze Publications, 930 Bargo Street, London, KY 40741. Write to that address to see if there are any copies remaining; the book was published in 1996.

Mildred Jenkins (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 1998 12:00PM GMT

I am interested in finding more data Winnie Henson who md. James Lewis in Ashe Co.,NC. They came to Perry Co.,KY, now Leslie Co.,KY. I am descended from their son, Thaddeus; thad;s dau., Winnie Lewis who md. Levi Pennington in Perry Co.,KY.
Mildred jenkins

Kathy Grover (View posts)
Posted: 7 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Dear Mildred,

I just this last week received a copy of our family tree, it just list marrages and children, I think we are decendents of the same people. The listing I have has James Lewis i born Wales, England on 8/9/1736 died in Wooton, KY 9/1/1825. He married Wintery Winnie Henson, his father was Nathaniel Lewis, they had 18 children and one of them was Thaddeus. I have that Thaddeus Lewis was born in 1785 married Mary Polly Roarke, that is all the information I have on him, I hope it helps.

Re: HENSON,HOLLINGSWORTH,REED,JACOBS

Bill Mattheis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Jerrimarie,

I see you are a Henson. Do you know that you have many living Henson relatives in Washington Co., AR? My mother was born in Winslow. Many still live in that small town. I am related to the Hensons on my mothers side. My GGGM was Maudy Frances Henson, dau of Jesse Henson, Jr. (one of a number of Jr. I believe) who was born in Wash. Co. AR. She married Richard Edgar Perdue, and their first dau was my GM Nettie Perdue. Nettie married Bruce Lyons and their only child is my mother Velma (she hates it) Lucille Lyons Mattheis. I trace my line back to William H. m. to Ann Jacobs; William "Billy" Jr., Jesse H. SR., and Jesse H. Jr. my GGGF. How are we related? Let me know.

Bill Mattheis

Bill Mattheis (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Mildred,

I have many generations of lewises descended from my GGGGGGAunt Wintry Henson m. Lewis. Much came from Pat Waddle who also frequents these KY queries. Happy to share if you email me. Also see the report on Paul Henson, SR descendents on my family web page at:
www.familytreemaker.com/users/m/a/t/WILLIAM-G-MATTHEIS/index.... I believe it is down loadable and has everything Pat shared with me plus some.

Bill M.
Posted: 27 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 4:31PM GMT

I am searching for the parents of Winney LEWIS b. ca. 1822,
d. 14 Feb 1862 in Clay Co., KY. md. Andrew Jackson "Jack"
COPE, 7 Dec 1844. He remarried Rachel HONEYCUT/HUNNICUT
after Winney's death, and ultimately settled in Orange
Co., IN where he died 15 Apr 1874. He was b. 24 Mar 1818,
NC.

I am jumping in here because I hope Kathy's family history
might have one or two of these names.
AHA (All Help Appreciated!)
David
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions