Search for content in message boards

Plantation 21

Plantation 21

Posted: 20 Feb 2004 4:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Nov 2005 1:00PM GMT
I ahve some relitves buried in what was called Plantation 21 On old maps but when my mother went looking for it she could not find it and no one knew where it was. I anyone knews it will be great. Thanks.April

Re: Plantation 21

Agnes (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2004 1:59AM GMT
I am originally from that area. Plantation 21 is near Princeton. I still have family living there and also buried in the cemetary there. Who is your family that is there?

April Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2004 7:03PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2004 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: Corbett
Hello Yes I have been told that a lot of my family is buried there. I am mostly looking for the Corbett family. I was told by the man that cares for the princeton Cemetery that there are a lot of Corbett family members there. I have tried to get a copy of the records of who is buried there but have had no success. Do you recal any Corbett names that are there? Is the cemetery very big? What were your family names? Sorry if I go on and on not too many people I have talked to know much about that area. Thank you with any information that you have. April

Agnes (View posts)
Posted: 23 Mar 2004 11:11PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2004 3:50PM GMT
Surnames: Corbett,Laughton,Polk
There are quite a few Corbett's buried there. The cemetary isn't a really big one.

I will try and get the names of the Corbett's that are buried there - my sister lives in the plantation and would know everyone that is buried there. My parents are both buried there along with a brother-in-law, nephew and his wife.

I knew most of the Corbett's - went to school with some of them.

How are you related to the Corbett's?

My family name is Laughton - my sister that lives there was married to a Polk.

I lived in Princeton until I was 22 yrs. old, so know most of all the old timers.

Hope to hear from you soon. Don't mind talking about "back home" it brings back good memories.

Agnes

Posted: 24 Mar 2004 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 19 Nov 2005 1:00PM GMT
Surnames: Corbett,Brown,Fitch,Frost
Hello, My great grandmother was Fannie Corbett she married Lester Brown. Fannie's parnets were Fredrick Corbett and Cora Fitch. Fredrick's father was Joseph Corbett and his mother was Julia Frost. Julia died when Fred was young and he remarried. I have done my best to find any information about Julia but have had no luck at all. I was hopeing to find her grave and see if that could help.Joseph parents were James Corbett and Sophia. If I could find any of these graves it would be wonderful. I do know that Fredrick and I believe Cora are buried there. That is what I have heard from the family at least. If you know of any information that could help I would be very greatful. Have a great day April

Agnes (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2004 12:59AM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2004 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Corbett
I talked to my sister and she said that both Frederick and Cora are buried in there. If she remembers correctly Frederick was the first one to be buried in that cemetary. There are several Corbett's buried there.

Posted: 8 Apr 2004 11:34PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2004 3:52PM GMT
Surnames: Frost ,Dudley,Corbett
Have you tried contacting any Historical Societies for info?Frost is a local name.Try writing to John Dudley A-CHS with what info you have on Corbett,Frost,etc. one of the contributors to the Hist. Soc.as a researcher is a Frost.
Write John at: 216 Pokey Road, Alexander,Me 04694
He is a wealth of knowledge.Ask him to mail you a copy of family files they have and Pliney Frost's address.You may want to ask Agnes to have her sister take photos of the graves for you and reimburse her for the cost.I have the 2 Princeton Cemetery record books if you need anything from them.E-mail me @ Veggiepal2@yahoo.com You are on a true odessy.Have fun, Maria.

April (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2004 5:41PM GMT
Surnames: Frost
Thank you for your note. This will help a lot becuase I am at a lose about the Frost family at this time. I have heard from family members that the Frost that married into our family was named Julia but I have not been able find her name any where. I have been wondering if it may have been her middle name.Anyways it is the one big mystery of the family so far that I have not been able to crack. It just makes me want to try even harder to find her. Have a grreat day. April

Maria (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2004 12:34PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2004 3:52PM GMT
What else do you know about "JULIA"? Who was it she married? Any idea of year married? I have several towns vital statistics and may beable to locate her thru those.I also have family still up that way,let me know what I can do to help...

April (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2004 8:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 Oct 2004 3:53PM GMT
Surnames: Frost,Corbett,Fitch,Brown
Hello, from what I have been able to piece together form what family has told me and census records. Julia Frost was married to Joseph Corbett and they had two children. Fredrick and Leonard. From the looks of it she died either in childbirth or very soon after Leonard was born.Joseph is listed as a widow in 1880 census report. Fredrick married Cora Fitch and they had a few children one of which was my great grandfather Fannie Corbett. Fannie married Lester Brown and they lived in Pembroke. They had my grandfather Ernest Lester Brown SR,
I have been like I said at a loose about the Frost family. I have been told by most of the family they are positive that her last name was Frost. If you have any hints I would love it. That family is the only one I am really stuck on at this time.Fredrick was listed as 7 and Leonard was 2 months in the 1880 census report and their father Joseph was 31. Thank You again. Feel free to eamiy me at lamamama@aol.com April
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions