Search for content in message boards

WAITES/GREEN families

WAITES/GREEN families

Charlotte Doherty (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2014 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: Waites, Green, Ainsworth, Read
I am looking for information on my relatives from JASPER County. Aaron Green was buried in Jasper County, he was married to Unity Richards Read. I am also looking for anything on Philimahay Thomas Ainsworth and Gilbert M Waites. My grandparents were Andrew Jackson Green and Isadore Waites Green.
Thanks
Charlotte Walley Doherty

Cemetery info on your family

Posted: 24 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 10:51PM GMT
Hi! I have found cemetery info on some of the names you mentioned; I don't know if you have this info already or not, so I'll send it anyway.
Aaron GREEN, b. 1 Jan 1813 d. 6 Mar 1876, buried in Spencer Family Cemetery between Paulding and Rose Hill in Jasper co.

Unity Read GREEN, b. 19 Jun 1829, d. 3 Jun 1914 (buried same place)

(there are other Greens buried there with them...)

Gilbert M. Waites is buried at Enon Baptist Church Cemetery; no dates on tombstone, but he was in Co. E 8th MS Inf. of the Confederacy. His wife is buried beside him; her name was Nancy E. Hair Waites, b. 27 Feb 1839, d. 1 May 1905. I think it is her mother buried beside her: Martha Hair b. 2 Jul 1814, d. 30 Jan 1914 (almost 100 yrs.). There are many other Waites listed there, as well as Ainsworths.

To find out more about these, you can obtain a copy of the "Jasper County Mississippi Cemeteries 1833-1998" book from the Jones County Genealogical & Historical Organization, Inc., P. O. Box 2644, Laurel, MS 39442-2664.

Hope this helps!

Re: WAITES/GREEN families

Posted: 4 Oct 2002 2:59PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2003 2:57PM GMT
My wife is a descendant of Aaron Green and Unity Richards Read. I am working on her family history and would be interested in any information you are willing to share. Presently, I have been able to compile a fairly large amount of her family history.

Thanks,

Bobby Sims

Posted: 3 Feb 2003 11:53PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2003 2:57PM GMT
My wife is a descendant Unity Richard Read who married Aaron Green. Unity is my wife's great, grandmother. I have been working on her families in recent months and am looking for information on the Reads. I have been fortunate enough to collect quite a bit of Read information but I am anxious to verify what I have. Would love to exchange information with you if you are willing.

I can send in a text file or GED file. I answered you message on the Read message board but don't know if you have had a chance to go to that site lately.

Thanks,

Bobby Sims

Posted: 6 Nov 2004 6:25AM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2014 2:21PM GMT
Surnames: Green
Was Aaron Green married before he was married to Unity Richards Read? I am searching for the parents of Thomas Henry Green b.1838 in SC, d. 1877 in Jasper County, MS. One souce says Aaron is his father.Thanks

Posted: 6 Nov 2004 11:20PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2005 7:38PM GMT
Not sure if Aaron Green was previously married before marrying Unity Read. Suspect he was as Aaron was 39 years old when he married Unity on 15 Dec 1852 in Mobile, Al. She was 23 years old. I do not have any background information on him regarding where he came from, etc.

Posted: 6 Nov 2004 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 9 Apr 2005 7:38PM GMT
Not sure if Aaron Green was previously married before marrying Unity Read. Suspect he was as Aaron was 39 years old when he married Unity on 15 Dec 1852 in Mobile, Al. She was 23 years old. I do not have any background information on him regarding where he came from, etc.

Mac Alexander (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jul 2005 2:34PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2014 2:22PM GMT
I show Thomas Read, Sr., born 18 Nov 1721 in Dorset, England. Spouse is not named. Child was Thomas Read, Jr.
He married Rachel Butt, and their son Andrew Read I (the
only child I show but must be more), married Unity Thick. IS
this perhaps where your "Unity" name comes in?

Son, Andrew J. Read, b. Dorset and died Jasper Co., MS.
bd. Paulding. Their son, Edwin Samuel Read, Sr., m.
Talitha Ross 1850 in Harrison Co., MS. Ed was from England
and Talitha was b. Rankin Co., MS. Both bd. Jasper Co...
Paulding and Crawford Cemeterys, respectively.

Their dau., Lillie Mae Read, married Walter Henry Shoemaker
in 1920 in Jasper Co., MS. I have 9 children listed for them.
Celeste, Marvin Carlton, Dr. Joseph Hamilton, Gerald Kenneth, Laura Allison, Ora Hope, Myra, Delores, and Rachel. [I may have known Myra! The name is very familiar,
but I cannot put a face with it.]

A son of Edwin and Talitha was Edward Andrew Read who m. Laura Pinckney Crawford in 1876 in Jasper Co., MS.

Walter Henry Shoemaker was s/o Wm. Buford "Tobe" and
Martha Ora (McCarty) Shoemaker, Jr. He was m. to three
women: Susan Annie Reid (may be Read?) (1878), Martha Ora McCarty (1888), and Sarah Ida Brewer (1909). He had
5 children by Susan Reid. As you will recall, Wm. Buford's
parents were Wm. Buford 'Tobe' & Lucinda (Waits) Shoemaker, Sr, who had 4 children, Jr. was one of them.

Lena A. Shoemaker was sister to Walter Henry Shoemaker.
Wiley Wesley Shoemaker was also a sibling to these two. He married Lillie Ora McNeil, and they had 5 children: Gladys
Elnora, Blanche Ruth, Norma Irene, Irma Catherine, and Lillie
Lenora .. all Shoemaker.

I just saw an Elizabeth "Lizzie" McNeil who married Amos
McCarty. Amos' parents: Orange B. and Mary (Arrington)
McCarty. Lizzie's parents: Wiley and Jane (Overstreet) McNeil.

I also show a Margaret McNeill who married John Cameron
McLaurin.

I hope this helps you with your wife's Reads, plus more.

Mac Alexander.

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 1:51AM GMT
I am also looking for father of Thomas Henry Green who married Martha Ann Craft/Crawford. I got that information from another researcher in 2005. I am on the Craft/Crawford line.

Wanda Hall

Posted: 20 Feb 2008 12:11AM GMT
Aaron J. Green was the father of Thomas Henry Green.Thomas Henry Green married Martha Ann Craft. I do not have a spouse for Aaron J. Green.Aaron married Unity Richards Green in 1852 and they had 8 children. My wife is a descendant of the second wife. I only have one child Thomas Henry Green from the first wife.

Bobby Sims
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions