Search for content in message boards

Resthaven Does anyone know about this place? 1927

Resthaven Does anyone know about this place? 1927

Posted: 10 Jan 2002 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jan 2002 5:58PM GMT
Surnames: arthur knopp
My grandfather was at Resthaven He was there for sure in 1927. Im trying to find out information. I know he got mustard gas in his lungs from ww1. He had tb also. So he went there my grandma said. Does anyone have an address so I can write them. Thanks. ck

Re: Resthaven Does anyone know about this place? 1927

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 8:15PM GMT
Hi Cynthia ~

Go to the website for the U.S. Public Health Service's "Marine Hospitals" at: http://www.bigskycoa.org/coamarinegallery3.htm

Click on the photo square of Resthaven (partway down the page). You'll see a large picture of the hospital, taken in 1929. I'm not sure if it still exists or not, but on the same homepage I gave you above, you'll see a link at the bottom for the "Webmaster" (Capt. Jaloo Zelonis). Emailing him should get you more information about Resthaven (and maybe even how to obtain records regarding your grandfather or whatever else would help you out).

Best!
Kathe C.

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 10:55PM GMT
Edited: 11 Mar 2002 7:07AM GMT
Surnames: knop or knopp
Thanks alot! That is a huge building. I dont remember seeing that in Waukesha. I use to live there. I appreciate your help. Thanks Cynthia

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 6:11PM GMT
I know this question of yours is VERY old, but thought I'd take a shot as I stumbled across it. I actually work in the building now...it's a small Bible College. Are there specifics you're still looking for about it?

Laura

Posted: 13 Feb 2013 5:02AM GMT
Hi thanks for asking. My grandfather was there and was wondering about the place. He was in the War and got TB and also had Mustard gas from the war in his lungs.I doubt if there are any records about him being there now.

Thanks anyway,

Cindy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic