Search for content in message boards

Familes from Bømlo, Mosterhamn, Norway

Familes from Bømlo, Mosterhamn, Norway

Werner Grønås, Norway (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gr�n�s, Gronaas, Spiss�y, Spissoi, Teigland, Totland, Notland, Eikeland, Grindheim, Berge, Eide, Vorland, Hovland, Vespestad, B�mlo, Bomlo, Haugland, Ulvaraaker, Vihovde, Sveio
Search norwegian and american relatives from Bømlo and Sveio, Norway. If you have some information that can be of interest please contact me.

Andreas Hovland

Posted: 29 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2001 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: Hovland
Do you have any information of Andreas Hovland born 1846 died 1930 in Rindahl, MN. married Karen L. born 1856 died 1920. Looking for place in Norway the Hovland name came from or that Andreas or his parents came to America from.

Andreas Hovland

Werner Grønås (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 3:32PM GMT
I don't have a Andreas Hovland in my familytree. He might come from the farm Hovland in Bømlo-parish, but there is many farms in Norway called Hovland so it's possible that he comes from other parts of Norway. Good luck in your surch for your ancestors....

Re: Familes from Bømlo, Mosterhamn, Norway

Posted: 28 Nov 2001 3:33PM GMT
Do you have information about Martha Tolleivsdtr. born 3 Nov 1824 in Skaanevik, Norway?

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 11:34AM GMT
I have a Hans Storkson Vorland, b. 17 June 1865, Bomlo Norway.
Stork Johnson Vorland b. 1 Oct. 1823, Bomlo Norway, died Jan. 1908 Bomlo Norway.
Johns Vorland , b. 1791 Bremnes , Norway, died 12 Sept. 1858, Bomlo Norway.
oes this help you any?

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 11:46AM GMT
My grandfather 's name is Endre Gunnarson he was born the 17 of Jan. 1865 at Cotters place Fossane at the Totland farm in Hjelmeland. His father's name is Gunnar Knutson, b. 1833 at Sandarmyra,Jormeland farm,His wife Aasa Eriksdtr.b. 02 Feb. 1832 at Fossane Totland. could you give me any more information about them ? Thank you for your time..

Kari Vihovde (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2006 1:29AM GMT
I am descended from the Vihovde/Lindås family that emigrated to Valestrand/Valevåg from Os -- my grandfather Mons Vihovde emigrated to Eau Claire, Wisconsin in 1930. He was the son of Bernt Vihovde and Anna Marie Lindås and married Grace Wernlund of Baldwin, Wisconsin. I've done quite a bit of research, and have discovered many connections to various families from the Valestrand area.

Posted: 18 Aug 2007 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Berthelson and Svendsdatr
Berthelson, Kjolv and Maren Svendsdatter from Bomlo

My grandparents (above) were married in Moster before coming to America. Kjolv was born about 1851 and Maren about 1857. Kjolv maybe was born on Haavig farm and changed his name to Hovik (or Hovick) when he came to Forest City. Ia. Maren may have been born on Tysvaers/Praesteigjeld. Kolv and Maren ended up in Miles City, Montana and passed away there in the 1940's.
Any information on them?

Posted: 2 Feb 2009 10:25PM GMT
Surnames: Haavik/Haavig
I don'know if you have got any more information here?
I live in Haavik, Mosterhamn.
In the local history book I find your grandparents:
Here it stands that Kjolv was born in1853 to Bertel Kjolvson Eikeland born 1826-d.1864 and Brynhild Sorensdatter Anglevik born 1820-d.1893. Kjolv married Maren Sveinsdatter Haavik ytre, Mosterhamn.
Her parents were Svein Sveinson Haavik and MAlene Akselsdatter Skimmeland. Svein lived in Tysver for a while but came back to Haavik about 1864 and baught the farm from his brother.
There is more information about the family in the book if you want it.
You can also go to the Norwegian "Digitalarkivet" Here you will find censuses from 1801, 1865 and 1901 and also emigrant protocolls. I think most families from Mosterhamn went over Bergen habour.
You will also find old chuch parish records.
All this are for free.

Sincerely Helga Kallevik

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 4:45PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson
I am looking for my grandfather Stork Johnson who was born 4 January 1888 in either Bomlo or Haugesund and emigrated to Canada in 1904. His surname may have been Johanson. He had a sister named Gertie (Gjuri).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions