Search for content in message boards

hazlett's of ohio

hazlett's of ohio

Posted: 19 Feb 2007 12:06AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hazlett
am searching for my mother's family, surname hazlett. Her name was catherine virginia hazlett, born 1927 in columbus ohio franklin county. Brother's are William Hazlett, Charles Hazlett, and Jessie Ross Hazlett. I have a death record for her but no am unable to obtain any birth documents regarding her. She passed in 1976 and was then living in hammond indiana. I lived with my grandparents on my fahthers side from a young age, and would like to know about my mother. My brother's and sisters names are Roger Lee, Ronald Allen, John (who I do have contact with, and Bertha Elaine is my sister. I would appreciate any assistance I can get, and would be willing to share what I find

Re: hazlett's of ohio

Posted: 3 Mar 2007 7:42PM GMT
Surnames: Hazlett, Cummins, Hamilton
I would assume your death certicate has the Father's name on it. Most likely she is from a group of Hazlett's that came from Washington Co. PA. My Hazletts were known to live around the surnames of Cummins and Hamiltons.

Posted: 12 Mar 2007 1:32AM GMT
According to my mothers death certificate her father was charles hazlett, and her mother was anne katherine deckling. I have been able to track my grandmothers family back to my great, great, grandfather, but not my mothers fathers family. Her brothers names were Jesse Ross, Charles, and William.

Posted: 15 Mar 2007 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Hazlett
I believe your mother's parents were in Falls Twp., Hocking Co., Ohio in 1930 (census p. 248A). The last name is given as Haglett. The family members are Chas (i.e. Charles) 38, Anna 30 (wife), William 11, Virginia K 9, Edith J 4 2/12, Charles T 2 1/12, and Jesse R 9/12.

In 1920 this family was in Marion Twp., Franklin Co., Ohio (census p. 356A) The last name is given as Hazllett. The family members are Charlie 29, Anna C 21 (wife), William W. 1 1/6 (son), Charlie E 60 (Father), Jennie C 54 (Mother), Jessie 32 (brother).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions