Search for content in message boards

William Bailey Maxwell

William Bailey Maxwell

Annette (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 3:07PM GMT
I am searching for the family of William. His father was Richard Maxwell and his mother was Ruthy Hodge. William was born in Ill. 1820 and Richard died in 1821. I have been pointed in the direction of Ohio as a possibility. William was born in Shawneetown, Ill. Richard might have a brother named David Maxwell who was a sherrif in a town close to Shawneetown. A sister named Elizabeth who married Robert Peeples or Peebles.

William Bailey Maxwell Ancestry

Loni Gardner (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jan 2001 5:44AM GMT
I guess not too many people are research this line. I have been trying to find information on the Ruth (Hodge) Maxwell Barnett, mother of William B. Maxwell. All the family group records I searched indicate she died about 1874 but done of them list where she died. Have you researched the Hodge and Barnett families?

Re: William Bailey Maxwell

Posted: 6 Sep 2004 10:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
I too am doing research on William Bailey Maxwell. My grandmother Sarah Daphne Maxwell was one of the younger children of William and Martha Jane Mathias Maxwell. I have the old family Bible giving Ruthy's birthday as 02 March 1800.Ruthey and William Barnett had 3 children. Hope this helps.

Re: William Bailey Maxwell

Posted: 28 Jun 2009 5:53PM GMT
I have been researching WB Maxwell for the past 8-10 years. I qouls share any and all.Do you know where the 3 were born? Would love to visit.

Re: William Bailey Maxwell Ancestry

Posted: 11 Mar 2013 1:55AM GMT
William Bailey Maxwell was my Great Grandfather. I have all the names and facts about him and all his family members if you want to contact me. My grandfather Erastus Curtis Maxwell was one of his children.
Ken Maxwell
kenmar1@cox.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions