Search for content in message boards

St Andrews Presbyterian BMD, Lancaster lookup Grant-Helps

St Andrews Presbyterian BMD, Lancaster lookup Grant-Helps

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 9:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I found an index record for a marriage Allan H Grant to Catherine Helps 26 Oct 1886. If someone has the book and could provide the full text of the entry I'd appreciate it.

Re: St Andrews Presbyterian BMD, Lancaster lookup Grant-Helps

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 11:05AM GMT
I would also like to know where the records for St Andrew's, Lancaster are after Union in 1925. I was told by a Grandmother they went to now Knox United.
As far as registration records for Lancaster Twp, there is a gap as some records were lost in a fire in late 1880's or early 1890's.
Anne Neuman

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 5:45PM GMT
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church records, South Lancaster, Ont.
Allan H. Grant and Catherine Helps
On October 26th, 1886, Allan H. Grant aged 31, now living in Arizona, being born at Lancaster, Bachelor, Merchant and Presbyterian son of Hugh Grant and Mary Macdonald, was married by License to Catherine Helps aged 25, now living in Lancaster and being born in Lancaster, spinster and Presbyterian, daughter of Andrew Helps and Janet Snyder.
Witnesses were Westley McLeod and Mary Jane Williams both of Lancaster. By Charles Ross

Obit.
The News Sept 4, 1903
Mrs. Allan Grant
Mrs. J. F. McGregor was called to Bainsville on Tuesday owing to the death that day of her sister Mrs. Allan Grant who had been in poor health for some time .
The deceased lady who was a daughter of the late Andrew Helps lived on the homestead at Bainsville since the death of her husband some years ago.
Besides one son the deceased leaves to mourn her death 5 brothers & 3 sisters. They are George on the homestead, Gordon in Eveleth, Minn; Ben in Monkland; Mrs. J. F. McGregor, Alexandria; Mrs. Jas Stewart, Vancouver and Miss Helps on the homestead.
Yesterday the funeral took place.
(I have a note to check the paper to see if there is more to this obit, RR)

Note
Most of the St. Andrews Presbyterian Church records are with the Knox United Church Records. Some of the marriages are the exception.

Posted: 12 Jul 2013 7:31PM GMT
That's great. Thanks very much for the response.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions