Emery's of North New Portland, Anson, Augusta

Emery's of North New Portland, Anson, Augusta

Posted: 17 Oct 2005 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Emery, Henderson, Savage, Merrill, Butters, Johnson
I may have finally figured this out.

John Emery b. abt 1805 m. Esther Savage in New Portland, Maine or Anson, Maine
children:
John, James, Esther, Charles, Sumner, Charles, Samuel, Willard, William, Olive.

James Emery b. abt 1831 m. Sophiah Merrill around 1846
children as listed in 1860 Census North New Portland, Maine
Harriet M. 10
Alonzo 8
Almeda A. 5
Willard 3
Phebe E. 1

In 1870 census in Windsor, Kennebec co. Maine I find this:
Thomas Weeks 71
Hannah Weeks 89
Benjamin Weeks 48
Sophiah Weeks 26 or 36
Melissa A. Emery 20
Alonzo Emery 18
Alameda 15
Willard A. 12
Nellie P. 11
George W. 9
Adarama 8

I believe George W. Emery goes on to m. Laura Henderson 1879 in Augusta, Maine
Almeda Emery poss. m. Everett Thurman 1875
Alonzo Emery m. MarthaE. Johnson 1874 in Augusta, Maine
Alonzo poss also m. Emily Orr(could be 2 diff Alonzo's)
Samuel m. Elizabeth Victoria Thwing 1856 in Gardiner
Charles Emery poss m. Minnie L. Nottage 1876
Willard A. (cant find right now but maybe Rose Jackson)

George W. Emery b. abt 1861
Child: George Maurice(Morris in some places) Emery b. Feb 1881
George M. m.
1. Mildred M. Smith child of Frost W. Smith and Esther Huntington Smith November 1903 She is of Gardiner, Maine. Frost W. Smith( I believe) is the child of William Smith and Nancy Low Smith. William and Nancy also had William A. Smith b. abt. 1843 and Hugh Wilson b. abt 1837.
George M. Emery and Mildred M. Smith Emery have 1 son, Fraust Maurice Emery b. 1903 in Gardiner, Maine and he m. Henrietta Lorraine Lowell.
George M. Emery m.
2. Annie Louise Ferris Moore in 1922.
Children: George Maurice Emery 1927 in Bath, Maine
Virginia Mae Emery 1931
3. George Maurice Emery Sr. m. Elvira Elizabeth Butters Brady who was b. in Somerville, Mass.

George Maurice jr. m. Jean Rachel Drake and they move to Stoneham Mass. and have 3 children including my Mother, Donna Emery.

If anyone knows anything about any of these people or if you know some of this I don't have correct, please let me know. I have worked on this line for several years and quite frankly its taken over my life. I would esp. like to know what happened to James and Sophiah Emery if those in fact are their children living with the Weeks family in Windsor.
Thanks, Marci

Re: Emery's of North New Portland, Anson, Augusta

Posted: 1 Dec 2005 8:45PM GMT
The Emerys in this area ,(somerset co.,Maine ) are hard to get right. I am looking to find George W.Emery also of New Portland, he was born in 1803 any leads? I well check on yours as much as I have.

Posted: 5 Dec 2005 5:01AM GMT
Surnames: Emery, Additon
Hi, thanks for writing. I have been at this so many years that I started collecting Emery info and now have 3 binders full of Emery information. This is what I have for you from a Maine Old Cemetery Assoc. or MOCA.
George W. Emery (no birthdate given) d. July 21 1866 at 61 years 6 months. He is buried in the North New Portland, Maine Cemetery. This Cemetery is located in Somerset Co. His wife is listed as again no birth given but death is Nov 18, 1883 at 81 years. I have more information on this couple if you believe this could be them. I will have to look around in my information but if I am correct her maiden was Additon and they were m. in Greene, Maine. I will need to double check on that part. Let me know,
Marci

margie (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2006 11:32PM GMT
I notice you have a lot of Emery information in this area. would you have anything on Samuel and Polly/Mary (Cousens) Emery--possibly in Athens?
Thank you for your trouble.

norn (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2006 8:26PM GMT
This is a quick check,I think they come from the Emerys from York ,York County Me..

Samuel Emery
Born: 1785
York, ME, USA
Died:
Athens, Somerset, ME, USA

Mary Cousins may have been alive in 1870
Born: 1790 ? in York, ME, USA
Died: in Athens, Somerset, ME, USA
Marriage: 1810 in Kennebunk, York, ME, USA

Children
Sally Emery( Plummer) 35 in 1860
? Emery female 15 to 20 in 1840

Household of Samuel Emery ? The boys are not shown.

Name Home in 1860
(City,County,State) Age in 1860

Samuel Emery Athens, Somerset, ME 74 1785 Maine Male
Mary Emery Athens, Somerset, ME 72 1787 Maine Female

Mary Cousins ,alive in 1870
Born: 1790 ? in York, ME, USA
Died: in Athens, Somerset, ME, USA
Marriage: 1810 in Kennebunk, York, ME, USA

Margaret Carter (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2006 9:33PM GMT
If this is the right family-Mary (Cousins) Emery bpt 1784 is the daughter of Major Nathaniel Cousins and Katherine Lasalle
born Wells, Maine-in the part that was later set off as Kennebunk. The family would be found on the 2nd church of Wells/Kennebink -Parish records 1750 and onwards-previous to that they are on the first church of wells.
Thank you for your help. I really do appreciate it
Margaret

Posted: 5 Apr 2006 6:06AM GMT
Surnames: Emery
Hi, sorry I am on these every week and I didn't see your reply. I have literally books and books of Emery stuff. I will gladly look over the next few days and let you know. Any other info you can give would be great. You can email me at Marcibella@aol.com if you want.
Marci

Norman (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2006 8:17PM GMT
Thank You,I am looking for infirmation on George W. Emery's father and mother, George was born Jan. 1803.Married Chloe Additon in Greene,Me. Nov. 1824. I am also looking to find out if Andrew Jackson Emery was born in North new Portland ,Maine.

Posted: 6 Apr 2006 9:12PM GMT
Surnames: Emery
Greene Maine book says George and Chloe were married in Nov. 1825. George died 7-21-1866, Chloe died 11-18-1883, they are buried in the North New Portland Cemetery New Portland Maine. Good site on internet "Cemeteries in Maine", this is where I got this info.

Norman (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2006 10:41PM GMT
Thank You .We discussed this before when you helped me and sent me the pictures of the tombstones. Now I am looking for his parents and where they come from. Thank You again!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic