Search for content in message boards

KLEIN, KLEIJN

KLEIN, KLEIJN

Posted: 17 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Nov 2002 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: KLEIN, KLEIJN, BOS
Roelof KLEIN (or KLEIJN) was born 29 May 1837 in the Netherlands. He married Hermina (or Hirmina) BOS and had four children: Christa, Neeltje, Jan, and Teunis Roelof. Hermina died in 1883 or 1884 in the Netherlands. Christa took care of her father until his death at which time she married and moved to Rotterdam. The other three children immigrated to Pella, Marion County, Iowa, USA around 1900-1910. I'm looking for any possible connections.

Thanks for any help!

Klein

Brenda Coons (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Klein
I am researching my maiden name Wierdsma. Back in 1842 a Mijntje Fokkes Klein married a Andries Gerrits Wierdsma. They lived in Harlingen and Dronrijp respectively at that time. (Northern Holland)

Klein

Mike Brower (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
I have information on a Teunis Klein born 1814 married Pleuntje Klijn in leerbroek South Holland in 1831 had 4 childern Gerrit b.1838 Arie b. 1840 Hendrik b.1842 Adrianntje b.1845 They Moved from Holland to Pella Iowa Marion County U.S.A. in 1847 this could be some relation let me know I have more informatio on them if you are interested Mike Brower

Bos

Betty (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bos
Do you know the names of Hermina Bos' parents? My great-grandmother's name was Ellen Bos (born in 1858), her father's name was George Bos (born in 1812). Ellen's brother, Cornelius, went back to Holland from the U.S.A. Cornelius's wife's name was Mary.
Posted: 22 Jul 2002 12:04AM GMT
Edited: 7 Nov 2002 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Bos, Klein, Esser
New information about Hermina BOS.

According to some Genlias information, Hermina BOS was b. 17 Dec 1826 in Ede, Gelderland; m. 5 May 1866 in Dodewaard, Gelderland; d. 1883-1884. Her husband was Roelof KLEIN. Hermina's parents were Teunis BOS and Christina ESSER. No dates on her parents. I would love to hear more information about this family. They have been my brick wall for a long time!

Deb Kuehne
Posted: 12 Aug 2004 11:30PM GMT
These are also my ancestors! I am descended from Gerrit. Teunis & Pleuntje also had 2 more children in Iowa - Arie & Hendrika. How are you related?
Posted: 10 Mar 2013 9:02AM GMT
I'Am Looking for Descendants of George (Gerard) Bos, Born 03 Jun 1812 in Helden Holland and died 01 oktober 1893 in David City, Butler Co.Nebraska. He was married with Joanna Hoedemakers, Born 17 november 1819 in Venray Holland and died 10 november 1894 in David City, Butler Co. Nebraska.
They left Holland in 1871 with his children, Cornelis (Cornelius), Johannes Hubertus (John),Aldegonda (Ellen)and Jacobus Hubertus (Jacob). Cornelius Bos came back to Holland. Ellen Bos married Johannes (John) Jacobs and Jacob Bos married with Elizabeth (Lizy) Wibberding.

Re: Bos

Posted: 20 Mar 2013 5:29PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2013 5:46PM GMT
Jacobus Hubertus Bos married Mary Elberts first (between 1885 & 1889.
They had 4 or 5 children.
He married Lizy Wibberding in 1896.
She gave birth to 11 children.
Cornelius Bos (Gerardus/George first son) married Maria Catharina (Mary) Hendrix between 1867 & 1889 in Butler County, Nebraska. 1 Child was born september 1884 but died the same day.
Cornelis 1 year younger brother, Johannes Hubertus sailed also to the US. He died in David City, Butler County, 11 january 1876.
The step-brother of Joanna Hoedemaker/Hudemaker, Jacobus Hoeijmakers sailed together with Gerardus and Joanna and their 2 children to the US. I haven't found where he lived and died.
Cornelius (1844) and Johannes Hubertus (John) sailed separate from his father to the states in 1870.
Jack & Herm Bos.

Re: KLEIN, KLEIJN

Posted: 7 Aug 2013 8:25AM GMT
Hello!

I may have a connection. I am a descendent of a Teunis Roelof Klein, who immigrated in that timeframe to Pella, Iowa.

My Teunis was born 26 November, 1876, and died in 1953. He married a Charlotte Bruinekool, and they had four children. One of them was another Teunis, my beloved grandfather.

I would love any information you might have as to where in the netherlands they were from, and if my Teunis might match yours. He was reportedly quite a pistol, a fairly stoic man who used to put the rings in his bulls' noses with a quick stroke of his pen-knife. Lottie, his wife, was pregnant out of wedlock with another man's child when he married her - scandalous!

Regards,

Wendy

Teunis Klein, b. 1876, Gelderland, NL

Posted: 8 Aug 2013 1:53PM GMT
Surnames: Klein, Klijn, Bos, Willemsen, Esser
Your birth date for Teunis Klein is correct. He was born at 2 P.M. on 26 Nov 1876 in Hien, Dodewaard, Gelderland, son of Roelof Klijn, laborer, and Hermina Bos.

I will attach the image, but you can see it at the link below.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11741-171051-83...

Below is the transcription (from WieWasWie) of Teunis’s parents’ marriage certificate (naming their parents) and a link to the images (images 49 & 50; cert no. 13). Roelof's name is spelled Klein on his marriage cert and Klijn on Teunis's birth certificate (more or less dependent on the registrar).

Document type: BS Huwelijk [marriage]
Gelders Archief
Registratie nummer: 5704
Datum: zaterdag 5 May 1866
Plaats: Dodewaard
Bruidegom: Roelof Klein
Beroep [occupation]: arbeider [laborer]
Vader bruidegom: Jan Klein
Moeder bruidegom: Neeltje Willemsen
Bruid: Hermina Bos
Beroep: Dienstmeid [maid]
Vader bruid: Teunis Bos
Moeder bruid: Christina Esser
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/DGS-004528449_00049?cc...

I will also attach the ship's manifest; you can see the 3 siblings on lines 17–19. Here is the transcription for Teunis:

New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Port of Departure: Rotterdam
Ship Name: Rijndam
Arrival Date: 7 Jul 1908
Name: Fennis Klein
Birth Location: Holland, Netherlands
Birth Location Other: dooclewaard
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Dutch
[other family members:]
Jan Klein
Neeltje Klein

At google maps put in Dodewaard, Netherlands, and you will see the hamlet of Hein on the east side of the town of Dodewaard.
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions