Search for content in message boards

Indian Princess Nicketti

Indian Princess Nicketti

Edie Lawrence (View posts)
Posted: 14 Sep 2001 1:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Burks
The Burks came from the marriage of the Princess and Mr. Hughes which produced a daughter who married a Davis, they had a daughter who married a Burks. These are the Burks who lived in Counites along the James River in VA-Amherst and Botetourt Counties. [ this is for the person who was asking if any Burks had Indian blood in the family line]

Re: Indian Princess Nicketti

Posted: 20 Sep 2001 8:58PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 6:20AM GMT
Do you have documentation for this or is it oral tradition?

Posted: 30 Dec 2001 1:39AM GMT
A good source to read about the Powhatan Indians and the relationship to the Burks is Patricia Givens Johnson's book entitled "Irish Burks of Colonial Virginia and New River". She researched this family and makes some very good connections. If you can't find the book contact me as I have a copy.

Posted: 8 Jan 2002 10:13PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2002 6:20AM GMT
Jean, Thank you very much. I will look for a copy of this book.

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 1:35AM GMT
Jean I would love to read a copy of that book. It is said that our line of Burks comes from Pocahontas but am not real sure. Just mainly oral right now. Is this book in libraries. Would appreciate your help.
Linda

Posted: 19 Jul 2003 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2006 2:41AM GMT
Linda, you will have to check with your individual library to see if they have a copy. They may be able to do an inter-library loan request if they don't have it.
For those interested, you might check with Walter Johnson, 4201 Prices Fork Rd, Blacksburg, VA 24060-1985; phone: (540) 951-2045. He did have some copies but you will need to contact him to see if he still has any.
Patricia Givens Johnson is deceased.

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 10:50PM GMT
I would like to have a copy of this book. Do you know where I can get one. thanks. mb johnson

Posted: 18 Dec 2008 11:37PM GMT
I was able to purchase my copy from:

Walter Johnson
4201 Prices Fork Rd
Blacksburg, VA 24060-1985
phone: (540) 951-2045

He was the husband of Patricia Givens Johnson and he had some copies at the time I called him.

Patricia Givens Johnson passed away prior to my contacting him so it's possible he no longer has any copies; but it is surely worth a try.

Good luck,
Jean

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 11:43PM GMT
Here is the link to the Geneology.com site that has all the info on the Indian Connection.
Take care
Floyd Burks

familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/o/William-Rice-Scott/GENE32-0001.html
per page

Find a board about a specific topic