Search for content in message boards

Mary Elzira KERN

Mary Elzira KERN

Posted: 4 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jul 2002 7:56AM GMT
Surnames: KERN, SEARS, HASTINGS
Mary Elzira KERN was born 10 May 1837 in Indiana. Her parents were ? KERN and ? SEARS, possibly born in Pennsylvania. Mary married William Henry HASTINGS in 1822 in Lawrence Co., Indiana, then moved to north Missouri, then Kansas. Any help with the KERN and SEARS ancestors appreciated.

Re: Mary Elzira KERN

Posted: 21 Jun 2005 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2005 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Kern
Without going to my records, this is what I can remember. This Kern family came From Kentucky into Indiana thru Harrison county and settles in Monroe county before settling in Lawrence county Indiana. My maiden name is Kern and I was born in Lawrence county. Some of this family evidently went into Iowa about the same time your branch went to Missouri. If you still need this specific info with possible dates and even earlier history, please email me. There are others who have a lot more info than I have but I can help.

Richard Pullen (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2005 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 17 Sep 2005 2:04AM GMT
Surnames: Conrad, Kern, Hon, Sears, Hastings, Edwards, Dearns
Hi....I saw you posting sometime ago but due to computer problems, was unable to help. Now, I'm back....
I am connected with the Conrads, Kerns and Hons as allied families through the Sears Families of Rowan County, North Carolina and of Nicholas County, Kentucky. I am one of many descendants of John Sears and his wife, Catherine Conrad.
In my PAF database, I have the following:
1/ William Henry Hastings /b. 12-06-1829 in Indiana. This William is one of the children of Howell Hastings and Edith Edwards, formerly of North Carolina. This William Henry Hastings married Elzira Dearns (probably in Indiana). They had 6 documented children.
2/ You have a Mary Elzira Kern born in 1837 marrying a William Henry Hastings in 1822 in Lawrence County, Indiana.
....Something is out of whack.....
I have an Elzira G. (Mary) Kern born 05-10-1837. I do not have a husband for her yet. She is the daughter of Rev. William Kern (b. 04-07-1791 in North Carolina/d. 09-09-1846 in lawrence County, Indiana) and Susan Jane Sears (b.10-10-1795 in North Carolina/d. 09-13-1882 in Lawrence County, Indiana).
Hope this helps....I have lots more information on these allied families and am getting more all the time.

Contact me anytime at my home Email: txgmajor@pullenfamily.net or by phone in Fort Worth. leave message..I will call back. RRP.

Posted: 5 Sep 2009 3:11AM GMT
Edited: 5 Sep 2009 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: Kern, Sears
Long time no hear. I am still interested in the Kern and Sears and have much information on them. I am still at
txgmajor@pullenfamily.net .

Posted: 10 Sep 2009 3:18AM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2009 6:05PM GMT
Surnames: Kern, Immen
Could you please tell me what KERNS possibly went to Iowa? I have some relatives there and was wondering an approximate place they would have settled.

Does anyone have an Emil KERN b. 1862 in Germany, in their database? He married a Nona Marie IMMEN, b. 1870 in Germany also. Various spellings on her last name.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Leah

Posted: 10 Sep 2009 2:56PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2009 6:06PM GMT
My Kern family came to America in 1754. The line that went to Iowa went around 1830's or earlier. They went to the Ottumwa and Keokuk area if I remember correctly. I have not read that history for some time so my dates may be off as far as Iowa is concerned.

Posted: 10 Sep 2009 2:59PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2009 6:07PM GMT
Try My Heritage.com and then The Family of Conrad Kern. At one time there was another web site but the info was moved to My Heritage.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic