Search for content in message boards

The Genealogy of French Families of the Detroit River Region

The Genealogy of French Families of the Detroit River Region

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 12:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I just wanted to post that i have been scanning this book and providing it online to you.
Regards, Lisa

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~newspaperarticles/

Re: The Genealogy of French Families of the Detroit River Region

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson,
For Lisa

Great effort but I am confused. On page 775 Sarah Edwards (3rd from bottom)is shown marrying Robert McNiff prior to 1801 when Susanne is born. This does not fit with other data with a Sarah Edwards marrying James Robertson earlier. the paragraph does not make sense to me. What is your interpretaion of when Robert McNiff and Sarah Edwards married? I have Susan born in 1813. And the two married abt 1807. Is there a marriage date in your paragraph?

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Edwards, Potter, McNiff
For Lisa

Great effort but I am confused. On page 775 Sarah Edwards (3rd from bottom)is shown marrying Robert McNiff prior to 1801 when Susanne is born. This does not fit with other data with a Sarah Edwards marrying James Robertson earlier. the paragraph does not make sense to me. What is your interpretaion of when Robert McNiff and Sarah Edwards married? I have Susan born in 1813. And the two married abt 1807. Is there a marriage date in your paragraph?

Posted: 22 Dec 2007 6:43PM GMT
I couldn't tell you, cause i'm not researching this family.
And i don't know what you mean " Is there a marriage date in your paragraph?

Perhaps there is more pages on these two in the index.

Regards,
Lisa

Posted: 4 Jan 2008 7:46AM GMT
Surnames: Lauson, French Families of the Detroit River Region
Thank you for posting the link to your scanned images of The Genealogy of the French Families of the Detroit River Region. This will be a wonderful resource when fully completed. I thank you for all your effort.

Would you please post a detailed description of your source document, for reference purposes. For example, date of publication, author, transcribed by whom, location of document, etc.

I am especially interested in all the Lauson entries, starting with Gilles Lauson. I look forward to more of the Lauson pages being scanned.

Again, thank you for this tremendous contribution.

Posted: 4 Feb 2008 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Hill, Bethui, Richard, levitz
You are a genealogy angel. I think you need applauded for this great gift of informatin you have provided for all researchers now and to come. Thank you over and over.
Charlotte

Posted: 7 Feb 2008 2:48AM GMT
Hi Charlotte,
Thank You, i always asked myself why i ever did this but i know now. Hoping to finsih real soon so i don't wake up every morning with it on my mine.

Regards,
Lisa

Posted: 7 Feb 2008 3:51PM GMT
Well, I greatly appreciate it and feel you deserve a round of applause. Thanks again and again and again . . . .

Posted: 1 Dec 2009 10:52PM GMT
Lisa, is your kind offer still available ?

Im am looking for information on Elise Piqquette 1846-1884 and have been told there may be some in the book.

jennifer

Posted: 2 Dec 2009 8:35PM GMT
This book is on-line thanks to Lisa.

Go to this link: http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~newspapera...

There is both a name index and a page index. Find your family in the name index and then go to the page listed after their names, using the page index.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic