Search for content in message boards

Help needed

Help needed

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 12:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lynn, Gallagher
Hi
I'm Looking for any information about my father's side his was born in Ballina,Crossmalina, Co. Mayo on the 20th may 1922, his father was John Lynn and his mother was Barbara nee Gallagher.His father's occupation was Farmer.
If anyone can be of help to me I would really be grateful.
My father came over to england sometime before 1953 as he married my mother Florence Mary Eaves on 25th July 1953 in Loughton, Epping Essex.
Any help would be Grateful.

Re: Help needed

Posted: 21 Jan 2012 1:02AM GMT
I have Gallagher's from Garracloon (near Ballina) in my family. Do you have any other information besides her name? Any siblings, aunts, uncles, etc?

Posted: 24 Jan 2012 10:44AM GMT
The only information I have on Barbara Gallagher is her father's name is Paddy(pat) Gallagher and her mother's name is Bridget Dunleavy.

Hope this is helpful.
Kind regards

Josephine Lynn

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 11:11PM GMT
You may have got this information by now but in the Irish civil registration index at www.familysearch.org
there is a marriage for a John Lynn Ballina registration district Year 1923 quarter Apr-Jun volume 4 page 417 and matching references for a Barbara Gallgher that looks like a good fit. You can order the cert by downloading an application form at www.groireland.ie if you order a photocopy it costs less and gives the same information - fathers' names for bride and groom and residence of both. From this you may be able to find John Lynn in the 1911 census.
Also there are some Lynn births registered in the Ballina district from 1930-1948 with mother's surname given as Gallagher- the index does not show mother's surname earlier than 1928 or so.
Hope this is of help.
annclare
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions