Search for content in message boards

MYRICK/VANLANDINGHAM

MYRICK/VANLANDINGHAM

Posted: 10 Jul 2003 10:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jun 2004 4:38PM GMT
Surnames: MYRICK/VANLANDINGHAM
SEEKING INFORMATION ON THE MARRIAGE OF WILLIAM MYRICK, BORN IN BRUNSWICK COUNTY @ 1734 & DIED IN WARREN COUNTY, NC 3-26-1795. HE IS BELIEVED TO HAVE MARRIED SARAH VANLANDINGHAM BORN 1739 IN BRUNSWICK CO. AM TRYING TO VERIFY THE FAMILY OF SARAH VANLANDINGHAM. SHE MAY HAVE BEEN A YOUNGER SISTER OF DAWSON VANLANDINGHAM. OTHER SOURCES HAVE SAID THAT WILLIAM MYRICK MARRIED SARA PERSONS, BUT IT APPEARS THAT THE USE OF THE NAME VANLANDINGHAM IN FUTURE GENERATIONS WOULD INDICATE SARAH WAS FROM THAT FAMILY. THEY ARE BELIEVED TO HAVE MARRIED IN 1763. IT IS UNSURE WHEN THEY MOVED TO WARREN COUNTY. THANKS.

Re: MYRICK/VANLANDINGHAM

Posted: 26 Feb 2004 10:02PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 8:20PM GMT
HERE IS SOME INFORMATION THAT I FOUND.THERE IS A CONFLICT WITH SOME OF IT.

SARAH VANLANDINGHAM-1729 HANOVER,VA
SPOUSE-WILLIAM MYRICK-MARRIAGE 1745 HANOVER,VA
FATHER-FRANCIS VANLANDINGHAM
MOTHER-SUSAN

SARAH VANLANDINGHAM-1742 VA
SPOUSE-WILLIAM MYRICK-MARRIED-1763 GRANVILLE,NC

FOUND IN MORMON CHURCH FILES.ALSO THE MYRICK FAMILY IS LISTED AN GOES BACK TO ABT 1630 ENGLAND.
NO RELATION.JUST TRYING TO HELP.

Posted: 27 Feb 2004 3:58PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2004 4:38PM GMT
Thanks for the imput. I have passed the information on to Leon VanLandingham who has been researching the Family for over 65 years. Perhaps he will have some additional info on Francis Vanlandingham. Since I posted the original message, the alleged marriage between the two has been researched in the North Carolina archives. There was no record there either.

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 6:09AM GMT
I am related to the Vanlandingham family via my great grandmother Sarah Agnes Vanlandingham who married Jacob Selby Faunce. Would love to exchange any info.

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 3:10AM GMT
sorry i have no information.

Posted: 15 Jun 2012 3:06PM GMT
The person you need to contact is Leon Vanlandingham. He has spent many years researching the family and has written several books. He lives in Oklahoma.

The last Email address I have fof him is van.one@cox.net

Good luck on your research.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic