Search for content in message boards

Noah B. or Wm. James Carroll

Noah B. or Wm. James Carroll

Pam Webb (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jan 2000 2:37PM GMT
I am searching for relatives of either of these men. Wm. James Carroll Jr. died in the civil war in Richmond, Va. and is buried there. He was married to Nancy Jane Cox and they were the parents of Noah B. Carroll, John Engle, and Sarah.I need birth and death dates on Noah. Noah was married to Hannah Green of East Tenn. area. I need dates on them also. Their children were LoRetta Maria, Sarah Elizabeth, James Q., Alfred Lafatte, Jane, Billy, and Emma Margaret.Thanks!

Noah B. or Wm James Carroll

Linda Davis (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 4:06PM GMT
Pam, do you know any brothers to the man who was killed in the civil war? I have a Carroll who's brother was killed then, but I don't have his name. Let me know what info you might have. I think my Carroll came from KY. Linda

Noah B. Carroll

Pam Webb (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 4:45PM GMT
Linda, I don't know if this is POSITIVELY correct, but I have Wm. James Carroll JR. married to Nancy Jane Cox. They had 3 children: Noah B. Carroll, John Engle Carroll, and Sarah Carroll. William James Carroll was reported to have died during the Civil War in Richmond Va. and is buried there. I do not have any of Wm. James's family, Sorry! His wife, Nancy, stayed on the farm in Rock Springs in Kingsport, Tenn. Good luck.

Carroll's of Missouri

Linda Davis (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 5:20PM GMT
Thanks a lot for the reply, does not look like a match. My guy's name was Henry Clay Carroll and I can't find anyone past him. Thanks for trying.

Carroll's in Missouri

Henrietta Carroll-Marquardt (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 5:04PM GMT
Have you any info on Archibald Calhoun Carroll who married Salina Barger/Berger in 1847/48. Their children were Louisa M, Michel Donithan (1852), William (1855), James Franklin (1858), Salina/Celina (1860). May have been other marriages and/or children.

Arch Carroll

Ken Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 6:40PM GMT
Not sure if this will help you or not - but in the 1860 Gasconade County, Missouri census, there is an Arch Carroll (24 yrs old) married to Nancy (20 years old) and a Nancy Dodson (72 yrs old) living there also - presumably she is the mother-in-law.
And in the Marion County, Tennessee marriage records - there is an Arch Carroll marrying G-Deakins Mar 3, 1888. Both of these would fight your age, but appears to have the wrong spouses?

Carroll's in Missouri

Linda Davis (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 7:49PM GMT
Sorry, there are no names like that in my history. At this point I can't help but will keep your information in case something comes up. Linda

William James Carroll

Jackie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2000 9:06PM GMT
I have a William James Carroll b,1837, NC. M. Nancy------ died 1864 at a Camp Douglas , Ill. Civil War. Offsprings: John and others but no Noah.

Cheeks

Colleen Oliver (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jun 2000 2:10PM GMT
Linda, My computer went down, and I lost all of my e-mail addresses. Haven't heard from you in a while, and this is the only way that I can get in touch. I Hope!!
Colleen
KuklaO@aol.com

Re: William James Carroll

carol (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2003 5:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for a William Carroll married to Nancy with a daughter named Lydia b abt 1796 in NC died aft 1839. Lydia married Freeman Williams abt 1816. Any connection?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic