Search for content in message boards

CALLING ALL LILLY'S ! CALLING ALL LILL'S ! COME IN LILLY'S

CALLING ALL LILLY'S ! CALLING ALL LILL'S ! COME IN LILLY'S

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 5:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lilly , Myles, Allred
Hi guys,
This is your captain speaking. Just joking! I thought this might grab your attetion. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I'll start with myself. My name is Cindy Lou Hazlewood. My mothers name is Bonnie Lou (Lilly) Hazlewoood. b. Nov. 18,1938. She married a Louis Howard (L.H.) Hazlewood. b. Jan3,1928. Bonnie is still living and so is L.H.Hazlewood. Bonnie was born in Darnell (West Carroll) parish,LA. Her fathers name was George Lilly b. July 31,1903 in Lincoln County MS, d. Oct. 14,1968. In Humphreys County, Brookhave, MS. I have a possible resident when he died of Sand Hill Rd. Lexington, MS 39095. Got that info. from Social Security file, SS# 437-10-7281. Bonnie Lilly's nother was Bertha (Berta) Estelle (Myles)>maiden name, Lilly. b. July5,1904 d. Jan. 20,1949 and buired in Oak Grove Cemetary in LA. I know that for a fact cause I went with my mother about 5 yrs. ago to visit the gravesite. They had the following children. Allma (Polly) Elaine Lilly b. June 29,1935 d. July 6,1986. John Earl Lilly b. Jan ?,1932 d. 1980. Bonnie look above. My mom says her Grandfathers (George's father) name was Albert Franklin Lilly b. Apr. 7,1872 in Broookhaven, MS d. Nov. 21,1943. Where? she doesn't know. m. Estelle Boyte b. 1871. Mom says she ran off with a man named William Hampton and had a girl named Joyce (Hampton) Allred. m. Rayford Allred. Some of the Lilly's married Hampton's and Allred's. The Hamptons can be found atfamilytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/h/a/m/Beverly-J-Hampton/GENE1-0001.html
Thanks hope this helps someone ,cindy hazlewood

Re: CALLING ALL LILLY'S ! CALLING ALL LILL'S ! COME IN LILLY'S

Posted: 7 Sep 2001 11:23PM GMT
Edited: 22 Sep 2001 1:36PM GMT
Thank you Cindy for sharing that Lilly junk. It doesn't help me but it was fun reading it. Hopefully some day somebody will have known Samuel F.Lilly from Charleston,WV. In the meantime I love when something new pops up from someone like yourself.Happy,happy,LillyGirl!

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2001 5:42AM GMT
Sorry,
I searched every Lilly I had and there was no Samuel.
Don't give up, GOD will bless you with finding your Samuel Lilly. He blessed me with more info. on my tree after looking for 5 yrs.

Thanks for writing to me i wil keep you in my address book incase i ever find a Samuel Lilly. Cindy Hazlewood Aldawoud

Posted: 9 Sep 2001 12:27PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly,Pettit
Thanks again for checking your Lilly tree. Can you tell me how you went about your research. Unfortunately Samuel F. died about 1920 but he had a restaurant in Charleston,WV. It sounds like his family all helped. He had children from his first marriage that were in their 20's by the time my mother was born.Charles Lilly from our board had me write the WV Lilly board couple that live in Ohio but they referred me to the WV geneology society which I wrote and have not a word. unfortunately I don't have the name of the restaurant but perhaps a street location from one of the old letters. If you have any ideas for the direction of my search, that would be terrific Cindy!!

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 12:55PM GMT
I was shocked 2 weeks ago when i went to FamilyTreeMaker.com. My mom's cousin by marriage . Someone on her side of the family posted her family tree. I took the closest dead relative to the year 2001. example: 1905 instead of 1920. I entered her birth and everything about her and (ALL THE GLORY GO TO GOD) there it was i found out that alot of my Lilly's married other Lilly's alot were from the same town. Still trying to figure out if they are all related to one another. Let me give you some websites. Maybe you will see some new ones you haven't tried yet. usgenweb.org, rootsweb.com, ellisislandrecords.org, familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp, nara.gov/genealogy/, ngsgenealogy.org, rootsweb.com/~obituary/, istg.rootsweb.com, freebmd.rootsweb.com

Try that for starters then i'll give you more, Hope you find something,
Cindy H. Aldawoud

Cindy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2001 12:58PM GMT
Sorry I mean 1920 first not 1905.

Posted: 10 Sep 2001 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly,Pettit
Thanks Cindy, I'll start trying the different web sites you gave me. I just bought the Family Tree Maker but I'll be darned if I can really figure out how to use it. The problem with my info is that I haven't gotten it traced back far enough to make the cd's useful. Also I got a 4month subscription to GeneologyLibrary.com but that doesn't seem to offer much without requesting that you pay out more money to get the information you need. I was really quite annoyed with it after spending about 4 hours trying to obtain some info before I realized that it just seemed to be a bid for you to spend more. Perhaps you can also give me the low down on that before the "free" ha ha 4 months are up. Sorry to be such a pest but most of the time I feel like a blind person trying to find my way. Thanks again Lillygirl!
Debbe

Cindy Hazlewood Aldawoud (View posts)
Posted: 11 Sep 2001 12:48PM GMT
Surnames: Lilly , Myles, Allred, Arnold
Hi,
Sometimes you can cancel subscriptions before a certain period of time. read your rules of subscription.
Cindy

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 1:01AM GMT
Surnames: Lilly, Hazlewood, Arnold
Hi Cindy, I am researching the Lilly & Hazlewood families.Most lived in AL & MS some moved to TX ca 1850.
Here are some names William H. Hazlewood married Mary Arnold. William was born about 1810 in VA.
John Lilly born about 1785, married Nancy MCNABB.
The Hazlewood & Lilly families are related. If you can help, please e-mail me at BerneceJ@aol.com, Thanks bj

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 7:47AM GMT
Edited: 18 Dec 2001 2:33AM GMT
Hi Cindy, I saw your call for Lillys. My GGGrandmother was Mary Margaret Lilly m. William Sterner in Bucks Co. Pa. Thier daughter Estella m. Abraham Buckhead. Their daughter was my Grandmother. I am trying to trace Margaret's origin. She was Cherokee. She gave the Indian name "White Connecticut" to Estella. They moved from Pa to NE to Mo. How did she get her name? Has anyone heard anything about adoption of Indian children in Pa. in the 1800s?I know that Margaret moved from Ne. with Estella and Abraham, but not sure about William. There isn't much info on our Sterners before William. Diane of Illinois
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions