Search for content in message boards

Pedigree Collapse and Predicted Cousins

Pedigree Collapse and Predicted Cousins

Posted: 6 Oct 2012 12:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been very thankful, after testing at Ancestry, finally to have something of substance (yes!) to work with, in corroborating (as opposed to verifying, I guess) the research of many years that has been done on our family's past. In a few days under two weeks, DNA has affirmed - quite strongly, I believe - textual genealogies shared by myself and cousins (predicted here with a reputable degree of accuracy) with (fairly well-) documented descendancies from my 2nd great-grandparents, 3rd great-grandparents, 5th great-grandparents, 6th great-grandparents and 7th great-grandparents. This is a road cautiously tread :)

Walking this new road is a learning experience for me, because I am seeing, as never before, how closely intertwined the families of the American South have been (and of whom I am 100% composed :). Even such a reality does not take into account the surnames which would seem to have shared common origins (in our case, McCartys and Randolphs, among others), yet through Y-DNA testing, evidently do not.

Does anyone have tips for navigating through the abundance of clues, which are given to us here?

Re: Pedigree Collapse and Predicted Cousins

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 6:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Randolph
I was interested to see your post, because I am related to the Randolph family but no matches have come up for that surname! Our line is through Joseph Randolph of Spottsylvania Co. VA, whose descendants through his son John T. went to Georgia. Please contact me if you want to exchange info on the Randolphs.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions