Search for content in message boards

David Park Shannon/Jemina McCormack

David Park Shannon/Jemina McCormack

Grace Parker (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jul 2006 6:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shannon/McCormack
I am looking for the marriage of David Park Shannon to Jemina McCormack. Their first child Martha was born at Tullymacann on 16 October 1857, followed by at Tandragee Thomas 1858, John 1859, Mary (unknown) and David Park 1865. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. Grace Parker

Re: David Park Shannon/Jemina McCormack

Dave Boylan (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2006 4:05AM GMT

Hello Grace,

If your Shannon and McCormack ancestors were Roman Catholic, you'll want to look at the parish registers for the Catholic Church parish of Ballymore & Mullaghbrack, which served the congregants of the Ballymore Civil Parish in which the townlands of Tullymacann and Tandragee were located.

These registers, which go back to the year 1843, have been filmed by the Latter Day Saints (LDS) on one microfilm reel and may contain the marriage record of David Shannon and Jemina McCormack, as well as the baptism records of their children.

Please see below for information and microfilm number about these parish registers:

Parochial registers of Ballymore and Mulaghbrac, 1843-1880
Authors Catholic Church. Parish of Ballymore and Mulaghbrac (Armagh) (Main Author)

Notes: Microfilm of original manuscripts filmed at the National Library of Ireland.

The Catholic Parish of Ballymore and Mulaghbrac (variant spelling) includes the civil parishes of Ballymore and Mullaghbrack. The parish is now known as Tandragee.

Poor filming quality. Some text may be illegible.

Baptisms and marriages, 1843-1856 and 1859-1880. FHL BRITISH Film 926031
_________

Order microfilm number 926031 from your local Family History Center.

The LDS have not filmed the Church of Ireland parish registers for the Ballymore Civil Parish. These registers go back to the year 1783. If your ancestors belonged to the Church of Ireland, you'll have to write to the parish priest and request a search of the parish registers for the marriage of David Shannon and Jemina McCormack and the baptism records of their children.

The priest for this parish is the Revd. Thomas Shane Forster, pastor of St. Mark's Church, Tandragee. Below is contact information for the Revd. Forster:

The Revd. Thomas Shane Forster,
The Rectory,
10 Glebe Hill Road,
Tandragee BT62 2DP
County Armagh,
Northern Ireland

If your ancestors belonged to the Presbyterian Church, please let me know and I'll see if I can find the name and address for the minister or ministers in this section of County Armagh so that you can write for information about your ancestors in the Presbyterian parish registers.

Best Wishes Grace,

Dave Boylan

Posted: 18 Aug 2006 6:32AM GMT
Edited: 18 Aug 2006 11:56AM GMT
Surnames: Shannon, McCormack
Hello Dave,

Many thanks for your informative reply. This is my husband's famly and I will have to check to see what religion the Shannon/McCorkack families were. I will get back to you if I find they were Presbyterians. I do apprecaite your help. Thanks again Dave. Regards Grace, Australia

Dave Boylan (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2006 11:20PM GMT
You're welcome Grace.

Best of Luck with the research.

Dave

Posted: 31 Aug 2006 10:55PM GMT
Surnames: Shannon/McCormack
Hello Dave,

I now find that the Shannon/McCormack families were Presbyterian. Would appreciate your help, if possible.
Many thanks and regards, Grace

Dave Boylan (View posts)
Posted: 1 Sep 2006 2:50PM GMT
Hello Grace,

Thank you for your return email.

I searched for Presbyterian ministers in the Ballymore-Tullymacann-Tandragee areas of Armagh, but did not find a listing for them online. What you can do is contact the Presbyterian Church in Ireland information office, and ask for the name and address of the ministers serving the churches in the Ballymore area of Armagh. Explain that your ancestors had children in Tullymacann and Tandragee, and that you would like to obtain the christening records for these children, and the marriage record of David Park Shannon and Jemima McCorack.

You can send an email to the office at: info@presbyterianireland.org

Please let me know if you hear back from the information office.

Best Wishes Grace,

Dave

Posted: 6 Jan 2007 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: David Park Shannon and Jemima McCormack
Hi Grace

These are my gggparents - so am keen to catch up with you offlist to exchange info!

Glad to find someone in the family line looking in Ireland also!

I can be contacted at ehulin@bigpond.net.au
Regards

Liz Hulin
Toowoomba

Posted: 25 Apr 2010 3:48AM GMT
Surnames: Shannon Burnett
Hi Grace,

I am interested in knowing when and where this family arrived in Australia. I found a newspaper notice that indicated they arrived on the Flying Cloud. Their daughter Mary married Frederick Burnett and I am doing some research for the Burnett family. Apparently Mary was born in 1854 according to the notice of her death.

Regards,
Bob Godefroy

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: Shannon
Hi Bob,

I have a little info on this family as my g/m was a Shannon.
If you email me off list I can send you what I have - mainly a list of the arrivals on the Earl Russell.

huline@austarnet.com.au
Liz

Posted: 27 Dec 2012 9:59AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Shannon
David & Jemina were married in 1853.. Can update better records once I copy & paste the records from my tree - Thanks - Del
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions