Search for content in message boards

First Methodist Episcopal Church, Baltimore

First Methodist Episcopal Church, Baltimore

Posted: 12 Nov 2006 5:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bennett/Boon/Ringrose
A Littleton S. Bennett married an Eliza S. Boon on 18 Dec 1843 at the First Methodist Episcopal Church in Baltimore. They were in the 16th ward, Precinct 1 in the 1880 census. Wondering the address of this church, if it still exists.

Re: First Methodist Episcopal Church, Baltimore

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 5:45PM GMT
you might try going to this website and click on the link for genealogy corner. Hope it helps.

http://www.lovelylanemuseum.com/

Posted: 9 Apr 2007 9:58PM GMT
Lovely Lane Museum does exist and the staff are very helpful. I found the "original" marriage record of our Brashears ancestors there last fall, the only place the record exists. I use the quotes however, because although the record is very old, it is a handwritten transcription of the original, not the original original. I don't know when the transcription was done but apparently someone was smart enough to realize that the original originals were deteriorating and acted to save them before they were lost to time.

Good luck.
Robin

Posted: 10 Apr 2007 6:21PM GMT
I am also researching Brashears. I am trying to find more information on a Frank Brashears who married an Emma Duncan they had two children one who lived past babyhood. Oddly the person who posted the notice name is the same as mine but spelt differently. I would like to request that she if interested contact me off list at MissRobbin@aol.com so we could compare notes and see if our branches might belong to the same tree. Thank you in advance. Robbin

Posted: 12 Apr 2007 4:56PM GMT
Hi Robin,
Is there any chance of getting a copy of the certificate, my fax is 7270849-1405.

Thank you.

CDK

Posted: 12 Apr 2007 10:02PM GMT
Which certificate?

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett/Ringrose
Just check some of your messgaes and just saw you may be checking out Bennett/Ringrose.
We may have a connection anyway. I have a Ellis Bennett that married Margaret Ringrose , she was daughter of Aaron & Keturah Ringrose (Aaron was my 2nd Great Grandfather). If you are researching the "Ringrose's) I know we have a connection.
Keep in touch

Posted: 30 Nov 2008 9:42PM GMT
Surnames: Bennett
Hi Frances,
I was searching for the offsprings of a Littleton Bennett of Accomack, VA who had moved to Elizabeth City, VA. He married about 1823 having left children and died about 1832. I had tried to see if the Littleton S. Bennett of Baltimore could have been his son. It turns out he was the son of a John Bennett of I think Somerset, MD. The researcher who recommended the Lovely Lane Church has info on the Ringrose family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions