Search for content in message boards

George W and Eliza Cole

George W and Eliza Cole

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 3:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cole
I am looking for the parents of George W. Cole, born in New York about 1811-1813, married to Eliza born about 1815 in New York. Their children include Jonathan, Alfonzo (I think not sure on spelling) Watson, Hellen, Frances, Delia and Mary. May be a couple more too. They lived in Cayuga County in 1850 then moved to Branch County Michigan by 1860. Later the family moved to Kansas and can be found there in 1880.

Re: George W and Eliza Cole

Posted: 28 Jan 2004 12:51AM GMT
I am researching James Cole b. May 18, 1799, d. September 27, 1879, buried: Lee Cemetery, Hancock Co. OH; M. December 27, 1821 - Fairfield County, OH.; Nancy Meeker, b. June 30, 1807, d. January 19, 1879 from PA. Her lineage traces to George Washington.
I have hit a brick wall with this couple who were my gggrandparents.any help as to their records, or previous family history, census entries, etc.. would be greatly appreciated. Their children were: Isaac, John Wesley - my ggrandfather, Elizabeth, Margaret, and Charles.

John Wesley Cole b. May 29, 1828, Seneca County, OH. d. Aug 20, 1916 Baxter, AR. He married Eliza Pratt and had George Washington Cole my grandfather.

There is also some reference to indian heritage or bloodlines. Probably Cherokee.

Posted: 9 May 2012 2:33AM GMT
I believe that your gggrandparents are also my father's great grandparents, nancy meeker and James cole.

Posted: 7 Jun 2013 2:16AM GMT
Have we talked already?? Or messaged? My 4x Great Grandfather is the same pair. Only George W and Eliza stayed in Michigan. Only Watson(his son) and his family moved to Kansas. I have tracked down all the kids except Hellen and Delia. I have deeds from NY thanks to a collaborator on this website for the property in NY George sold to go to MI. I have lots of info. I do believe that the John H Cole who was living with them in 1860 in Michigan was his father and I believe that I have identified the father to Eliza Ransier Cole as well. Have to consult my notes on that. I have photos of some of the graves and on find a grave I have added information as well. I have an obit for George thanks to the Heritage Room in Branch County library in Coldwater MI. If I find more, Ill be happy to share. My tree is private only because I need to clean it up a bit.
Diane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic